16;; still calling me your best friend

16;; Still calling me your best friend

 ✩ ✩ ✩ 

"Are you excited for the game today?" Sunoo piped, a bag of popcorn in his hand when they shuffle through the large crowd, a smile plastered on his lips out of excitement.

"Who wouldn't be?" Jay scoffed and waited for Jungwon to sit down before taking a seat beside the younger male, "after this, they'll go nationals – if they win that is but we all know that it'll happen."

"Yeah but not national, nationals," Sunghoon picks up a piece of popcorn and tosses it onto his mouth, "the real Seoul nationals happen in summer break – that's just within our area."

"But you have to admit, that's still impressive," Jungwon takes his hand away from his mouth and looks over at the older male who nods.

"Yeah it is," Sunghoon hums and rests in his chair, rustling around in his chair to get in a good position since this game was defiantly gonna mean he was going to have to sit for a long time, "But they basically go nationals every year," he points out.

"Hey Riki," Sunoo nudges at the blonde's side, blinking before turning over to look at him, "Jake hasn't given you his jacket yet?" he shakes his head.

Pinching his shirt, "See no jacket," he drops the piece of fabric and digs through his packet of crips, taking a bite out of the ready salted crisps, "I really should've gotten shaved ice." He groans and sets the freshly opened packet of crisps aside.

"Here, have mine," Jay passes him the plastic cup to him, taking the opened packet of crips instead, "You deserve it," he smiles and picks up a crisp.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Riki sets down his white spoon in the pile of coloured ice, wiping the access off his lips, "I didn't do anything special lately," he states, oblivious to what Jay was getting at.

Jungwon shook his head, "He's saying that he knows you are upset about Jake not giving his jacket to you," he smiles.

"No, I'm not," Riki shook his head and shoved a spoonful of shaved ice into his mouth. He glances over at the empty pitch, frowning, "How long do we have to wait for the game to start?" he suddenly asks.

"Oh, looks like someone's a little eager to know~" Jay teases with a coy grin which didn't help Riki at all.

"He's just waiting for that grand gesture as Haemin did for Doyeon," Sunoo adds and the older encourages him with his giggles, "He had gotten a leg injury and couldn't be the left-wing to his right-wing, so adorable." He chuckles after.

"Can you guys calm down?" Riki was clearly embarrassed by their comments and was forced to respond to their stupid teases, "Firstly, Haemin and Doyeon's situation is nothing like mines and Jakes and secondly, why are you encouraging this Jay – I thought you were betting on someone else?"

Jay shrugs, "I still think it's funny to tease you," He responds once he had finished chowing down the last of his red salted crips while Sunoo nods in agreement.

"I mean, it is pretty funny," Sunghoon chuckles behind his hand which made Riki furrow his brows.

"Really guys? Is it that amusing?" He doesn't expect his friends to answer because everyone already knew their answers. He playfully rolled his eyes and fiddles with his necklace.

"Where did you get that necklace?" Jungwon points out when he sees the light reflect, the crescent moon charm is unfamiliar to him.

"O-oh this?" Riki stutters out, fingers clamming around the charm when he clears his throat, "Jake bought it for me; he has the other half," he mutters, slipping the necklace under his sweater vest.