𝐈𝐦𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭- (𝟒)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"I appreciate you for helping me."

Omniscient

"So, did you ever go and apologize to him?" Dayvon questioned as he glanced over at Taymor. Taymor shook his head.

"As much as I wanted to, I never got the chance. He wouldn't let me." He responded. "In fact, Kentrell was the one who apologized to me."

"What do you mean? For what?" Dayvon asked, lying back in his bed. "What happened?" Taymor sighed before explaining.

"Well, after we talked, I went over to his house and tried to apologize to him." He started. "I guess you were right though, I should've waited cus he was still mad at me."

"Then what happened?"

"I tried to explain myself to him but he wouldn't listen. He said I was only sorry cus I got caught and he wouldn't let me in." Taymor continued, recounting the event from days before. "After that, he pushed me away from the door and told me to go home."

"And what made him want to apologize?"

"He said he felt bad for the way he treated me and kept tryna do other things to show me how sorry he was even though I told him I already accepted his apology. He thought I deserved more than a sorry."

"Don't you think you should've been the one apologizing though? Honestly, I feel like he had no reason to apologize. He shouldn't have to apologize to you for expressing his feelings." Dayvon commented while wrapping a blanket around himself. "Apologizing was the least you could do." Taymor couldn't help but agree.

"I know, I tried to tell him that the way he reacted was normal but he just kept apologizing and I'm not gone lie, it made me feel like shit." He revealed as he paced around Dayvon's bedroom. "Ion want him to apologize for the way I caused him to act, it was completely my fault."

"It's good that you're holding yourself accountable, but you can't keep letting shit like this happen. You need to do better. I think you should really work on communicating with him, that way this don't keep happening." Dayvon suggested. "Ion want you to think I'm saying this to be mean, I'm just tryna get you to understand that this isn't okay, Ion think I would be a good friend if I just sat around and let it happen again."

"I get it and I appreciate you for helping me." Taymor replied, thankful for Dayvon's advice. What would Taymor do without him? "I know I need to work on communicating with him, but how?" Dayvon thought for a moment.

"Maybe instead of being dishonest and hiding your feelings from him, you could be more direct. That way, it's easier for him to tell whether or not you're happy with how things are going." Dayvon proposed. "He's never gone know you're not happy if you don't tell him." Taymor walked over and sat beside him.

"Alright, I'll work on that. Is there anything else you think I should do?"

"I think you should also try to make him feel appreciated."

"How would I do that?" Taymor asked.

"You could give him gifts every now and then or maybe even take him out one day. You could even just spend more time around him just to show him that you enjoy his company."

"Damn, it seems like you know a lot bout this typa shit." Taymor commented, followed by a giggle. Dayvon smiled.

"I guess you could say that. I wouldn't say I'm the best but I try, you know?"

"You're really good." Taymor complimented. "Do you think that if I do everything you told me to, our relationship will last?" There was a moment of silence.

"It could but it's not a guarantee." Dayvon replied truthfully. "I wish I could tell you that it would but I'm not sure. While it may not make y'all's relationship last forever, it'll definitely make things a lot better."

"Okay, well will it make me actually feel something? Ion wanna keep lying to him. I wish I could love him, I really do but I can't. I just don't have any feelings towards him." All Dayvon could do was shrug.

"Possibly, but I wouldn't worry too much. To be fair, it's only been a month. Like I've been telling you, just wait and see. Try not to lie though, ight? Lying won't do anything but cause problems for you in the future and you wouldn't wanna deal with that again, would you?"