𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞- (𝟏𝟗)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"How do I prove myself to you?"

Omniscient

Today was the day. After many long, exhausting months, Taymor was finally ready to see Kentrell. He placed his hands on his bathroom counter as he stared at his reflection. What if Kentrell still seen him as the same person? That was the last thing he wanted.

Taymor exited the bathroom and waited patiently for him to arrive. His thoughts were racing. All he could think about was how Kentrell would react. He expected everything else to go well yet it all ended horribly, who's to say the same thing wouldn't happen again? What if things ended just as bad, or even worse than the previous situations? Taymor couldn't help but worry.

Taymor's train of thought was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. He knew exactly who it was. He exhaled heavily and rushed to answer it. "Oh hey." He greeted Kentrell awkwardly. "It's been a while since I seen you."

"Yeah we haven't talked in months." Kentrell replied. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good actually, I've been working on getting my shit together and I think I'm doing pretty good." Taymor answered with a hint of pride which was soon swallowed by his lingering worries. "I'm just hoping that you think so too."

"It sounds like you're doing good to me. The fact that you decided to work on improving yourself shows that you took what I said seriously." Kentrell spoke with a smile. "I can see that you're trying." Taymor shook his head.

"But this isn't enough, simply telling you I'm changing doesn't prove anything. How do I prove myself to you?"

"You don't need to." Kentrell replied. "You're a far different person than you were when I last saw you, you're a lot calmer and you're finally helping yourself. Ion need you to prove anything to me." Taymor was relieved Kentrell believed him. He flashed a small smile.

"I just really wanna thank you. You could've left me and made me figure this shit out on my own but you decided to help me. You are literally the only person who is still willing to talk to me right now." Taymor responded happily, showing his appreciation.

"Wait really?" Taymor nodded. "What happened to yo friends?"

"I messed things up between them and kept blaming them for my problems." Taymor admitted, ashamed of his past actions. "I really need to get in contact with them and apologize." Taymor gasped as he felt Kentrell pull him into a hug. Kentrell laughed in response.

"I'm just tryna give you a hug, what you surprised for?"

"I wasn't expecting it, that's all. Why would you wanna give me a hug anyways?"

"You deserve it, you really trying and I like that. I guess it's my way of saying that I'm proud of you."

"Things aren't weird between us anymore right?"

"Nope, not at all. Why would they be?" Taymor pulled away from the hug and shrugged.

"Ion know, I just didn't think things would go back to normal after everything I've done. I didn't think that you would wanna hang out with me like you used to." He explained.

"Well I completely trust you now. I'm not gone stay mad at you over some shit that happened months ago, especially since you changed. You're different now."

"Does that mean we cool again?" Taymor questioned. Kentrell grinned.

"Mhm, sum like that."