𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐃𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬- (𝟔)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Omniscient

  Months passed and Taymor was still stuck in an endless cycle of lies. Though he didn't want to, he didn't have too much of a choice. Telling Kentrell the truth would only hurt him in the end, so why not lie a little longer?

Rain could be heard pattering against the concrete as a fine fog clouded the sky. Taymor sat by the window, watching closely as the rain fell. "Ion wanna be in yo business but I'm starting to worry about you." Taymor turned, facing the direction of the voice.

"For what? There's no reason to worry bout me. Everything's going good." Taymor assured him, a dull smile plastered across his face. Kentrell sat beside him, refusing to believe the words that escaped his lips. Deep down, he knew something was wrong—he could feel it and Taymor couldn't convince him otherwise.

"Come on baby, we talked about this. You gotta tell me what's wrong so I can help you." Taymor turned to face the window once more.

"I know and I'm fine. If there was anything wrong I would've told you already."

"Something's clearly going on, you haven't been acting like yourself lately." Kentrell pointed out. "I'm not stupid Taymor, I can tell sum bothering you."

"There isn't. You're worrying too much. I'm fine, there's nothing ain't nun going on."

"Baby please, I thought you said you would said you would tell me if something was making you upset. Just let me help you, you don't gotta deal with this on your own."

"I did, and if sum was going on with me I would've told you by now. Ion need help, like I told you I'm fine." Taymor retorted, a bit upset about Kentrell's constant worrying. Truthfully, he was dealing with something but why did Kentrell need to know that? "Please leave me alone."

"But baby, I just wanna check on you and make sure everything's going alright. I didn't mean to bother you, I was just a lil concerned." Kentrell spoke, resting his hand on Taymor's back.

"But Ion want you to. Did I ever say there was sum wrong with me?" Taymor questioned as he shoved Kentrell away. "There ain't nun wrong with me Ion what else you want me to say."

"I want you to be honest with me like you said you would. Ion get why you lying to me." Taymor slammed his hand against the table, clenching his jaw as he stood up.

"Ain't nobody lying to you! I'm telling the fucking truth! I'm fine!" Kentrell was shocked by his sudden outburst. He never seen Taymor act like this before.

"No you're not, I know there's sum wrong. You never act like this."

"I'm only acting like this because you pissing me the fuck off! Just leave me alone!" Even though Taymor acted hostile towards him, Kentrell decided to stay calm and allowed him to express his anger. Arguing with him would only make the situation worse.

"I'ma ask you one more time, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes! Stop fucking asking me that!" He shouted before abruptly storming out the room. He didn't want to act this way towards Kentrell, he only wanted to keep him from finding out the truth. How much longer would Taymor be able to carry on with his grueling act?