𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮- (𝟏𝟎.𝟓)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

             "Well, what do you think?"

Taymor

  "Hey!" A voice called out in the distance. I paid it no mind. Surely, the voice wasn't calling out to me, right? "Hey! Come on, don't ignore me." I glanced in the direction of the voice to see someone walking towards me.

"I'm sure they were talking to someone else." I thought. I turned around only to find that there wasn't anyone else—only me. But why would he want to talk to me? It wasn't like I knew him.

"Aren't you gonna say something?"

"Oh um, I'm sorry. Hey." I stammered over my words causing him to smile. "Is there a reason you're talking to me? Ion think I know you from anywhere."

"I just thought it was weird that you were out here by yourself, what happened? Your date stood you up?"

"I wish." I joked, followed by a giggle. "Why are you so worried about me anyways? Don't you have someone else to worry about?" The man shook his head.

"Nah, I came here by myself. What about you? You still never answered my question." He replied.

"No, I'm here with someone but it's really complicated. I'm not sure if I wanna tell you about it though, Ion know you like that."

"What's stopping us from getting to know each other? My name's Nick by the way, I guess I should've told you that earlier. What's yours?"

"Taymor." I answered.

"Now that we kinda know each other, will you tell me?" Nick asked. I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Damn, you can't wait huh? Nosy ass." He responded with laughter.

"Sure couldn't, now are you gonna tell me why it's so 'complicated?'"

"I mean I could but it's a very long story, Ion think you would wanna hear allat." I replied.

"Ion mind, you could always tell me the rest later, just tell me the important parts." I paused for a moment.

"Later? Whatchu mean 'later?'" I questioned.

"I meant exactly what I said. Just tell me later, we're friends now so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, right?"

"Friends?" Nick nodded his head happily. Usually, I wasn't good when it came to meeting new people but Nick was different. I felt oddly comfortable around him.

"Yeah, the fuck did you think I said? Now are you gonna tell me or what?" I laughed.

"Ight, ight fine. So like we met a while back but Ion think I like him. Like he's cool, don't get me wrong but I just don't feel a connection between us." I explained. "I wanna leave him but Ion wanna hurt him."

"Woah, I guess it really is complicated." Nick commented. I nodded.

"Yeah and I feel horrible for staying with him. Ion mean to do it but one way or another, I always end up hurting him. I guess I can't stop him from getting hurt." I jumped as I felt Nick place his hand on my back. Strangely, I found his touch comforting. "Do you think I'm a bad person?"

"Well, what do you think?" I sighed heavily before responding.

"Yeah I am. Would a good person lie to someone and lead them on for almost a year? I can only imagine how heartbroken he'll be once he finds out. I wish I was just upfront with him."

"And why weren't you?"

"I just thought that maybe I'd develop feelings for him over time."

"In my opinion you should've told him the moment he wanted to be with you, that way you could've avoided all this. You're in deep shit."

"Yeah obviously, are you gonna help me or what?" Nick smirked.

"I'll tell you what, if you give me your number I'll try and help you tomorrow. How does that sound?"

"Sounds cool." I replied as I gave him my number.

"Ight, I'll see you tomorrow. I hope you have fun on your date." He responded before walking into the restaurant. Hopefully his advice would be enough to make me leave Kentrell. I can't keep hurting him like this.