i. 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑

Athena was sat quietly in her room, that's what she always did

Athena was sat quietly in her room, that's what she always did. She never spoke to anyone except Holly on a rare occasion. She had no use in this world so what was the point.

She always read in her room under her covers late at night so she wouldn't get caught. At this moment she was reading Narnia; the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. She wished to be taken to the magical land where she could just be left alone and not have to speak to anyone.

She knew that she was a witch and knew that Holly was one as well. She remembered from when she was younger that her dad and made her float around the air with his wand, she was three then. She was now eleven and hated her father.

Actually, scratch that, she despised him, with every bone in her body.

She heard a hooting noise and briefly looked up, she didn't notice it at first as she had her nose deep in the book, but there was an owl, flying during the day time, it was when she looked up again when she saw that owl tapping on the window.

She got up curious as to what an owl was doing flying during the day. Shakily she opened it slowly, scared that she would get attacked by it, you couldn't see it on her face as she always held the same neutral expression. She glanced down and saw a letter, she grabbed it and saw that it was addressed to her.

She opened the letter and read what was on the inside, it said;

Dear Ms Black

We are pleased to inform you that you you have been accepted at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins 1 September. We await and owl by no later than 31st of July.

Yours sincerely

Minerva McGonagal

Athena looked over the list and then read the letter again. She thought it was cool to go to a boarding school, she was sure anyplace was better than the orphanage she was stuck at.

As she was going down the stairs she saw holly coming up them, they saw Athena and said 'hello' to the girl, Athena merely nodded back to them, Holly saw the girl holding a letter, they then saw the Hogwarts symbol on it and their eyes lit up with anticipation and quickly followed after Athena.

Athena was confused by this and looked at them and raised their shoulders as if asking them what they're doing. Holly pointed to the letter and squealed, Athena rolled her eyes and gestured for Holly to come with.

They went down to the Matrons office and luckily for them she was passed out drunk, they went to her draw and pulled out money that she had earned though doing nothing for the eight years Athena had been there.

She grabbed the money and counted it all, there was a total of £334, Athena split the money with Holly as they were looking for cigarettes, they had both grown up around people smoking so it was natural for them to start it, Athena had only just started smoking but didn't do it that much were as Holly was addicted to it.

Once they had grabbed all of the stuff they required they waited down the street for the bus so they could go to London, the bus pulled up to the stop and they hopped on.

They sat in silence as they made their trip to London, when they arrived they both hopped off the bus and went down an alleyway to a tattered looking pub named the leaky cauldron. They went inside as Holly greeted the owner named 'Tom' and they went to the back of the pub and outside.

Holly tapped on the bricks and it opened as if it were a door, Athena still holding the same expression, though you could see it in her eyes she was intrigued by all of what was happening.

The roads were bustling with people everywhere with very little space to walk through.

They went to a store called Olivanders, it wasn't packed with people, instead filled with wands and boxes. A man appeared from no where with scruffy white hair.

"I was wondering when you'd be coming Ms Black."
The man said whom Athena guessed was Olivanders.

Athena nodded unsure of what to do, he went back on the ladder and went down the aisle to grab a box, he came back and handed her a wand, he gestured her to pick it up and wave it, when she did she broke a vase in the process.

Her eyes slightly widened a little bit and put the wand back down. He muttered something about 'no' and 'definitely not'. He went back and grabbed another one.

She picked it up and her hair started blowing back as if there was a fish of wind and the room slightly lit up. The wand maker seemed very pleased with this as he took the wand back and placed it in the box.

Athena payed the man the 14 Galleons and left the store. She went outside with a neutral expression, she went across the street and went to a pet shop to go and get an animal.

She wanted to get a cat as she liked them and how mysterious they were. Holly quickly followed after her and they both went into the store, Athena went straight to the cats and saw a tabby cat and loved it immediately. Her mouth slightly twitched upwards.
Holly seeing this smiled as she felt happy for the girl.

She picked up the cat as it was out of its cage and went to the register. She waited in the line that only had two people in it. She got to the front and placed it on the counter, the lady at the front smiled brightly and asked for the money that was required, Athena handed her the money and picked the cat back up as it meowed slightly.

She walked out the store after getting the food and cage from the store right next door. She then went and put the cat in the cage and they went to the store get their robes fitted.

From afar James potter had seen the girl and couldn't believe how sad one could look, he sadly smiled as he realised it was the daughter of his best friend that had abandoned her.

He made it his mission to try and befriend her, not in a creepy or pervy way. He quickly retreated back to the group with out anyone noticing that he was gone.

As Athena and Holly finished the day of there school shopping they mad there way back out of the ally and waited for the bus.

They once again found themselves in silence, not that either of them minded, they got off the bus after a 27 minute ride. And made their way back in unnoticed by anyone.

It was now dinner time by the time they came back so they went down stairs to eat their dinner although Athena only ate a piece of bread with butter on it.

Athena never ate much, she would only have little bits of food each day so that the younger kids could have more and just because she never was hungry.

They had finished dinner and retreated back up the stairs and got dressed for bed. They both fell asleep straight away as they had been out all day.

꧁♡︎꧂
A/N
yay first real chapter, i changed it bc i had no plot for my original story.
have a good day :)