ix. 𝐷𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

As the day had ended the group still hadn't regretted there choices, if anything they loved it

As the day had ended the group still hadn't regretted there choices, if anything they loved it. By the end of the day everyone had found out and some people even came up and told them it was great.

Cassiopeia though kept giving them harsh glares, the group ignored them. It was now the end of the day and the group prepared to get going to their first detention.

Athena was now for somehow in the Hufflepuff common room so that they could all walk down together seeing that the offices were both close together.

Athena was not excited for this, not that anyone would be, but she was quite nervous, she had a plan, not talk at all. Like what she did all the time.

Theo noticing her nervousness, he could detect wether anyone was sad or happy, it was like a sixth sense. He promised that he would be there for her.

Once everyone was ready they made their way to the offices and talked on their way there. Athena considered skipping and just going back to her dorm, she decided not to, she learned that lesson in her second year after skipping a detention and then getting another weeks worth.

They went there separate ways and Theo and Athena made their way into the quite large office.

"Ah hello," Mr Potter said to them coming out of his room. Theo just nodded his head while Athena did nothing.

"You guys can sit down." He said after he noticed them standing quite awkwardly.

They both sat down and waited for him to tell them what to do. He told them to just write some lines, Athena quickly disregarding what she was meant to do after writing three lines started to draw.

Theo nudged her when he noticed James looking at her. She looked up and saw the professors gaze on her she looked back down.

"You guys can talk I don't really care what you do." He said to the duo. They both looked up briefly and nodded slightly.

They didn't end up taking as they both didn't want to, James being oblivious asked "How are you guys? With school and everything."

"Fine." Theo said quite bluntly. The professor raised his eyebrows slightly at his tone.

"Um, what about you Athena, how are you?" He asked.

Athena shrugged slight not looking up from her drawing, which was now a flower. Potter not seeing her shrugging now said "You can speak you know you don't have to stay quiet." He tried to be encouraging but cam out as him being rude.

"She doesn't talk sir." Theo said, smiling slightly when he realised he quoted the breakfast club, his favourite movie.

"Oh, shit, um sorry." He responded. He got up and the duo watched him as he went to his record player, he got out an album and Athena saw that it was ABBA, her eyes lit up as it was her favourite band aside from Queen and David Bowie.

He turned around and saw them both looking at him. He smiled.

The rest of the detention went on with it being silent,
Athena had finished her flower, it was an Orchid, it was her favourite flower.

They both left when the professor dismissed them, they went outside and waited for the other three to finish their detention.

The other three came outside and they sighed with relief. "God that was so boring," Hunar said, "He didn't even tell us what to do he legit was reading the whole time."

"Ours was alright I guess." Theo said.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought to be honest," Athena said quietly. Although they all heard her.

"Can we please go to dinner I'm starving." Seo-Jun said.

They all made the trip down the stairs and into the Great Hall, they all walked down to the Hufflepuff table, the house didn't mind the Slytherins as they all got along and they had most of their classes together except Potions, DADA and Magical Creatures.

They sat down and they all except for Athena, she wasn't that hungry.

Remus being nosy noticed this and made a mental note to tell Sirius later.

As dinner finished they all made their way up to their dorm and fell asleep almost straight away.

Athena never being able to sleep went to the courtyard and sat on a random bench, she pulled out her pack of cigarettes and lit it.

She smoked until she wanted to go back, after an hour of just sitting there she felt a presence behind her, she knew it wasn't a teacher, she didn't bother turning around.

The figure sat themselves down next to Athena, and said "You shouldn't smoke you know, it can kill you." She recognised the voice to be the one and only Hermione Granger, she disliked her, they always competed for 1st place with their grades, Athena always won which resulted in Hermione hating her.

Athena didn't say anything, she got up and left not wanting to be in her presence anymore. She went straight up to her room careful not to be caught by Filch and his cat.

She went to her dorm and sat on her bed reading under her covers, she read until dawn doing nothing but reading.

She got up and got ready for the day, like she did every other day.