iii. 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝑔𝑦 𝑊𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. They're Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin."

"While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points." The professor finished off her speech.

"Please wait here and i'll come back for when we're ready for you." She said and walked off into the Great Hall.

"So it's true what they're saying on the train, Harry potter has come to Hogwarts." A boy with blonde and greasy hair, you could tell that he thought he was to good for anyone.

Athena rolled her eyes at both of them, the mention of Harry Potter and the stupid boy who seemed to not be able to keep their mouth shut.

"But this is Crabbe and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said after everyone was whispering about Harry being there because his dad was famous for quidditch. He nodded his head to two rather large kids.

A red headed boy must've found his name funny as he snorted when he said, Malfoy didn't seem to like this as he then said "Think my names funny, do you?" All while glaring at the red haired boy.

"No need to ask yours, red hair, and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." Malfoy said rather harshly.

This seemed to shut the boy up as now he had a sad expression on his face.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."
Malfoy said and stuck out his hand assuming the boy would shake it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks," The potter boy said with a displeased look on his face.

Mcgonnagal came out of the hall and tapped her scroll on the boys back. "We're ready for you now, Follow me."

As they walked in the hall they looked around and saw many eyes on them, most of the first years looked around the hall amazed by all of the magic, Athena heard a girl say 'it's not real, it's bewitched to look like the night sky.'

When they stopped at the front of the hall they saw a tatty old hat and a three legged stool that looked as if it would break any moment now.

"Now when I call your name, you'll come forth, I shall place the Sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Professor Mcgonnagal said after that she opened her scroll and read out "Hermione Granger."

As the girl was going up the steps she was muttering to herself to keep herself calm, she also heard the red head from before saying that she was mental, she rolled her eyes at how they were being rude.

The girl was sorted into Gryffindor, once all of the cheering died down the professor read out another name, Athena was spaced out for most of the time until she heard "Athena Black."

She nervously made her way up the stairs and sat down on the stool. The hat was placed on her head as she heard a voice saying 'Ahh, a Black, I haven't had one for a while,' 'please just hurry up' Athena replied back to them.

'Difficult, very difficult, Oh! I know... "SLYTHERIN" The hat finally yelled out, still holding the same neutral expression walked down to the table that was cheering for her.

She sat on the chair bored out of her mind. It was then when the whole school except for the first years started singing, Athena assumed it their school song as it said 'Hogwarts'.

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.

They had finally finished the song and sat back down.

Suddenly food appeared from thin air, there was so many varieties of food from chicken to ham to turkey and to salad and bread rolls.

Athena had grabbed some bread and some of the chicken, not wanting to eat a lot of food.

After everyone had finished their dinner, all of the food had disappeared and now desserts were in front. Athena now full grabbed nothing and just watched as people conversed with others, feeling eyes on her she looked and saw non other then Harry Potter staring at her. She rolled her eyes and looked away.

Feeling as if she would fall asleep at any moment, Dumbledore had instructed them to follow the house leaders to their dormitories so they could go to sleep for classes tomorrow.

Once they had gotten to there dorms Athena got dressed and fell asleep almost instantly.

꧁♡︎꧂
A/N
hii, athenas at hogwarts woo
i'll be introducing the other characters in the next few chapters
have a good day :)