x. 𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛

Fuck

Fuck.

That word was racing through Athenas mind at the moment.  She woke up late for quidditch practice. It was the first one of the year and Flint would be mad.

They didn't have trials this year for some reason and just ended up keeping the team the same.

As Athena was putting her jumper on she was running out of the common room and all the way down to the pitch.

She eventually made it down, she got there quite quickly as she had fairly good cardio. She was out of breath considering she just ran all the way from her dorm to the quidditch pitch.

She looked around and saw that everyone was still looking ahead except for Theo. He was looking at her with a quite concerned look, she nodded as if saying hello.

She went next to him and waited for Flint to come back from wherever he was.

They stood there quite awkwardly. Finally Flint came back with the chest and started telling them there tactics.

Draco came strolling in late and walking smugly with Crabbe and Goyle. Although he wasn't actually carrying his broom and made Goyle carry it. He still had the wrap around his arm and that was still in the sling.

Athena rolled her eyes when she saw him, he was always dramatic, well all Pureblood's were. Athena would say she was a bit dramatic herself, not that much though.

Flint was going over the teams tactics and they all set off to the sky's. About five minutes in Athena could see a figure coming down to the pitch and noticed they were wearing red. Confused by this she looked around and saw that the whole team was up there.

As the figure got closer she saw they were wearing glasses. She knew two people who wore glasses and had a black mop of hair. Both of them were annoying.

James flew up on his broom and went to the middle. All of the team groaned, they all hated Gryffindors, they only did because they hated them back first.

He gestured for them to all come over they flew over and waited for him to talk.

"Ok, so, I'm meant to be coaching your team for today, I'm going to go with the chasers first." James spoke up.

They all flew back to there assigned spots and went on with there drills. Athena was throwing the quaffle back and forth with the others. Theo and Zabini. She was quite fond of Blaise.

He was quite nice to her and they sat next to each other in potions last year. She had never talked to him as they to were a quiet person but he was more popular.

They all then moved onto actually scoring. They took turns with it and Athena got the quaffle in every time as Theo was to busy staring and Blaise.

"Can you get it in every time even if someone's
there?" James asked the girl. She nodded back and he made his way over to the goal hoop.

She threw the quaffle through the hoop five times and got it in every time. James was now pouting as he had just gotten beaten to a kid.

She smiled slightly happy that she had beaten him. She threw the quaffle at Theo pulling him out of his daze, they glared at her and she just raised her eyebrow.

The rest of the quidditch practice went on for another two hours, they were all tired and they had no seeker which was shit as Malfoy was still being dramatic.

As Athena was walking to the Castle she heard a voice.

"Hey, your like your mum, like your really good, and you dad was good as well." James said to the girl. He ruined the moment when he said the last sentence.

She just walked faster and went straight to the common room. She went and had a quick shower and got rid of all the sweat.

She went outside of the common room and saw a girl that was cowered away in the corner crying. She walked up to her. The small girl looked up at Athena. She tried to wipe her eyes but the tears kept coming.

"Are you ok?" Athena asked her.

The girls tried to speak but nothing came out except sobs. Athena didn't know what to do so she just put her hand on her shoulder quite awkwardly.

The girl looked up and said "You don't have to stay here." All while stuttering.

After a few minutes she stopped crying and by now Athena was sitting right next to the girl.

"My names Callie." The girl said.

"I'm Athena." She responded to her.

They sat like that in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until Callie spoke up.

"Can I sit with you? I don't have any friends." She asked the older girl.

Athena nodded at her. And they both walked down to the Great Hall with Callie who now had a bright smile back on her face.

The had now sat down at the Hufflepuff table, that's where the group sat as most of them were in Hufflepuff.

By now Athena had only noticed that Callie was in Ravenclaw although she honestly gave of Hufflepuff vibes. The group looked at Callie confused.

"Um, Tina, why is there a small child here?" Seo-Jun asked Athena.

While the duo sat down Athena said "Her names Callie."

"Ok, right but she's a Ravenclaw." Seo-Jun replied.

The group even Callie furrowed their eyebrows.

"Wow great job dumbass." Athena said sarcastically.

"Yeah and what's wrong with Ravenclaws?" Callie Theo asked.

The group had nothing against Ravenclaws even Seo-Jun. She honestly had no idea why she said that.

"I don't even know why I said that." They said to the group.

The group finally started dinner, careful not to swear or say anything inappropriate in front of Callie. Callie would talk to everyone for small conversations.

Athena just sat there silently not eating anything.

"Now off the bed children." Dumbledore said.

Athena hated him. He only used people for his own good while the people who did all the hard work ended up dying or nearly dead. He was straight up manipulating bitch.

Athena went back to her dorm while Theo was talking to her. She wasn't really listening and was just staring ahead.

"I'll be back." Athena said while waking off to the courtyard to go and smoke. She didn't notice that Theo was still following behind her.

Athena sat down and pulled out her pack of cigarettes. She lit it and felt a presence behind her. She look and saw Theo again. He sat down next to her.

Athena who was feeling somber started crying silently. She didn't want to it just started. She felt so empty, although she had felt happier then she had ever in her life she still had a hole in her heart.

She just wanted a family.

A family that would support her, comfort her.

Theo hugged her hearing her trying to choke back a sob. She leaned onto him. They stayed like that for ten minutes.

They let go of her and she cleared her throat. She muttered a sorry and got up and went back to her dorm.

She went to her bed and fell asleep almost straight away.