Closure

It was almost late in the morning, the sun had already rose up and cast a silloute of the buildings upto the pavements of the city. The cherry blossoms had already fallen through the paths and the roads had already boomed with the sounds of the passing vehicles and the students' laughing voices. 

Typically, Kunikida would have called me already and get my ass to work, or they'll let Atsushi fetch me from my apartment.

I reached out my hands to the ceiling, taking a deep breath, and opening my eyes to see the ceiling lights. It was already almost....

Almost..............................

I blindly reached out to my phone, and peered my eyes open to check the time through my phone which had read out '10:22 A.M.' and my eyes had worked its way to check any notifications through the messages or anything.

Oh, its that day today.

I am not obliged to do anything today.....

But as if someone was dragging me along, the heavy feeling of dread that had pushed me off to and change and eat something as the day had started. I would normally just lay down, go back to sleep, or go outside and find something that would seem interesting. Today is not that type of day I guess, right? 

Before anything, I felt like I had forgotten something. I scanned through the room, and checked but nothing came into mind so I decided to walk out.

Before I close my door, I remembered that I had forgotten something.

I do not know what is this something that I had forgotten.

And that is a problem for future me! 

So I walked out of my door and locked it behind me. I made my way downstairs off the the apartments when as if future me had kicked my head to go and get that something that I had thought about. Good for you future Osamu Dazai, good for you. 

I walked back to my room, unlocking my door, and opening upto the mess of the room that I left it in. My futon is still a mess and is not yet done, my kitchen had nothing in it except for a few  groceries, the cabinets have items folden quite 'neatly', and there is nothing else in the other places that I could possibly had put something that valuable.

Valuable.

I finally recognized and realized it. I had put it in the pocket of my pants..... Ah yes, truly a detective I am!

I had made my way out the compound and let my heart lead my feet away. I can feel it, as if I am being dragged, the same feeling that I had earlier this morning. I know that there is a place that I usually go, maybe to the restaurant downstairs of the agency, or go solve some cases, or go and be caught on one. But even if I close my eyes, I know that my feet would lead me to that area.

It was an exclusive cemetery for the members of the Port Mafia, for the people who died with no families to recover their corpses, or no one to care about their deaths. With an organization as big as theirs, the cemetery was quite vast and wide with a columbarium that runs throughout the perimeter of the area. It was hidden and is guarded to protect the identities of the members and to avoid leaking information or having their information be used in the wrong manner.

I passed through the gate, nodding at the guard as he let me pass through. He had always been here, ever since I was still on the mafia. This way, we can keep the information hidden. I am pretty sure he still recognizes me from before so he let me in. Or maybe someone did ratted me out that Im visiting his grave but ok.

I've waved my greetings and made my way into a secluded area, half expecting atleast a single person on the place. 

The Port Mafia, such a place of violence, war, gangs and trades and a lot of shady things, but they aren't particularly the bad guys, even at the other people's perspective. Well maybe just a tad bit bad with all the lives being passed through as if they are just stepping stones to achieve something that one desires.