Past

Chuuya once despised flowers. He hates it because of the imagery that it is beautiful even when not perfect. He hates the fact that at 18, flowers start to bloom from his body. He hates the fact that it is used as a form of affection and mostly, when he saw Dazai, bandaged up and hurting himself, He thought.

"People cut flowers if they are pretty. But people cut their skin if they are not."

Every April, a few days or so before his birthday, it had become a normal thing that he and Dazai will go out to the river and watch the blossoms being kept away with the force of the waves and currents. Dazai is always astonished but Chuuya is not. He will just come with Dazai out of boredom.
Or if Dazai just forced him to come.

'Jeez, you are so annoying sometimes

'Jeez, you are so annoying sometimes.' Small Chuuya said

'But at least you look adorable when mad.' and the little bandaged boy stated.

'Yeah, I kno-, wait. What?'

'Ha! You agreed with me'

'No I didn't bu-.'

'Nope! You can't take it back!'

This always happen when they are still young. All the memories just pass away because of all the mishaps that being on the port mafia gave them.

Chuuya and Dazai is not always together. Chuuya is raised as a fine man but growing up is hard for him. Dazai, on the other hand, grew up to be a heartless killing machine. They often see each other when they are young and on the teenage years, they became inseparable.

The days pass by as the two of them were partners. Gaining their trust to each other, they hang out every now and then. If the mission is done, they would go to a certain bar and drink their night away.

One night, after a mission, they would normally just go to the bar like they use to. Chuuya drank and drank but Dazai just watched him. Dazai knew that Chuuya have a problem so he decided to talk to him about it.

"Chuuya, what is It?"

"Nothing"

"Well, stop drinking. You will shrink more you hat rack"

"Shut up you ass! This is nothing that concerns you!"

Dazai just forced him to talk about it until Chuuya spatter out.

"What is it with me that is unattractive?"

Dazai looked in confusion.

"Dazai, if I said I liked you, no. If I said that I loved you, what will you say"

Dazai is really shocked by this sudden confession or something and he just sat there not knowing what to do.

"Perfect reaction!"

Chuuya grabbed Dazai by the collar of his coat and said:

"Dazai, I loved you. Until now. I do not care if you don't feel the same way but I know you do."

Chuuya leaned and their lips are just inches apart. Dazai let things to be and leaned closer until there is no more thing such as a gap between them.

Dazai can taste the alcohol on Chuuya's soft and pink lips. He closed his eyes and kissed back. Their lips soon moved into sync and as they part, a small line of saliva connects them until Chuuya passed out.

Still stunned by the kids, which is, both their first kiss, Dazai decided to take Chuuya to his home and take care of him till morning. He seem to drink too much and did not vomit so tomorrow will be a hungover.

That is one of Dazai's best memories.

Chuuya, on the other hand, have memories of suffering and did not liked it. His best one so far is when Dazai took him out and the snow fell along with some flowers. Most of Chuuya's memories are linked with flowers.

Chuuya remembered waking up on his 18th birthday, pain is in his head and noticed some roses growing on his back. He hated it but not for long. Now knowing that Dazai is with him, he knew he would be happy. After that, he enjoy the scene of flowers.

Chuuya once despised flowers, but not until he have lived a life with one. Not until Dazai showed him the beauty of it. Not until he saw the scenery of the Sakura blossoms falling down and watching it with Dazai.

Dazai show a new world to him.