This is Not a Goodbye

I'm the type of person who doesn't let my friends go. Especially when we have been friends for awhile.

I assume that after graduation, most of my friends will move away or lose touch. Except one friend...

We went thru a lot over the past year. Each fight we had took a piece out of both of us. Eventually it was too much for her.

She lost people left and right in her lifetime; her best friends, her dog, her cats, her mom, her dad...

She heald onto her friends because she didn't want to lose anybody else.

I guess I will miss the days we planned together. I will miss sleeping under the stars. I will miss her whole family to be completely honest.

I just want her to know that is not her fault. And that I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for causing the heartache, for yelling, and for always holding you back.

I can't say I'll always be there for you because I don't want to get my hopes up for a chance of being friends.

But...

When you need the night away, take my bed. When you are contemplating life, call me and we can sleep under the stars again. The beautiful sight will make you want to be alive again.

I don't want to say goodbye, because goodbye means forever... and forever is a long time.

See you soon, partner.