Chapter 10: Dino Slippers

I stumble down the hall, a smile playing on my lips. I excused myself from Eric by saying I was tired and needed to wake up early. He bought it, and now here I was love stricken, stumbling down the hall. I walked into the dormitories to find my friends gathered around Peyton's bed.

"Look when the cat dragged in, just in time for our brilliant plan." Peyton says, turning back to a sheet of paper.

"What plan?" I ask, plopping next to Peyton on his bed.

"So, you know how lately Pheonix has been moping around like a depressing emo kid-"

"I have not." Pheonix defended.

"Yes you have." Sara agreed.

"Anyways, they were planning on going out tonight to the pub." Hunter explains.

"The pub, really? I hate the taste of alcohol." I say, making a face.

"Who cares you'll be too drunk to even taste the alcohol."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea Peyton. We still have our simulations in the morning." Sara says skeptical.

"Don't be such a pansycake!" Peyton yells, wiggling a finger in Sara's face.

"Really, pansycake? I don't think I've heard that since I was 8." Pheonix says, putting a hand on his forehead.

"Well that doesn't matter because we're still going."

"No." I say.

"Yes."

"No." Pheonix says.

"We'll go with you if you want." Sara said, grabbing Hunter's hand and standing.

"But I-" Hunter started to argue that he didn't want to go until Sara gave him a warning look.

"Fine."

"Yes! Come on hurry, we might make it to happy hour!" Peyton practically screamed down the hall.

Eh he was thier responsibility now.

*

I woke up to a hand slightly shaking my side. I sat up, looking to see it was Adam standing there arms crossed.

"What do you want?" I ask groggily.

"I want you to come and get your friend before I call somone." He says whispers annoyed.

"What are you talking about?" It was much too late for Adam to be talking this nonsense.

"Your friend Peyton just showed up to my work drunk and then proceeded to pass out on the floor. Now, it's either you can come and get him or Lauren will have to."

"Can't you just handle this? I'm tired." I whisper with a yawn.

"No."

"Please." I beg with a pout.

"No." He said with no emotion.

"Pretty please."

"No."

"Ple-"

"No." He cut me off. I opened my mouth to plea again, but he simply shot me down.

"No."

"Fine." I got up from underneath my covers, slipping my feet into some dinosaur slippers. Figuring I would need help, I walked towards Pheonix's bunk and shook him awake.

"What." He snapped underneath his breath.

"Come on, we have to go get Peyton."

He groaned, before throwing on a t-shirt and some slippers. We trugged down the hall together, a big tired mess. Pheonix was in only a t-shirt and his boxers. His hair was a on the top of his head, strands curling around other strands. As for me, I am starting to regret my decision of sleeping with barely any clothes on. I had on a spaghetti strap cami, that stopped right at the top of my belly button and pajama shorts that hardly covered my bottom.