Chapter 17: A Hickey

"Eric! Ugh you left a mark on my neck!" I shout as I feel him bury his face in the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry." He says, playing with my ear between his teeth. I laugh a little before pushing him off.

"You need to stop." I say, and he gives me an evil smirk. Eric rushes towards me, and before I can react he throws me over his shoulder. He jumps and runs around the apartment with me giggling on his shoulder.

"St-top." I try to say but he continues. I pinch his butt, making him jump in surprise.

"Don't pinch my butt." I pinch it again only to have Eric slap my butt.

"Hey!"

"I told you not to do it, you did it, so you get punished."

"Ooh kinky," I joke. He sets me down on a chair, standing in between my legs. He leans down and brings his face close to mine.

"I can show you kinky." He says in a deep voice slowly licking his lips. His cold finger traces the same side of my neck he left a mark on. I gulp as I feel blood rush towards my face.

"What, don't have anything smart to say anymore?" He says raising an eyebrow. I quickly fix my composure and think of something to say.

"Apparently you don't have anything smart to say either." He rolls his eyes at me, a smile spreading across his face.

"You know, that smart mouth of yours is gonna get you in trouble one day." He says. I push strands of hair out of his face, grabbing the sides of his face.

"How about you press that smart mouth against mine?"I ask, pressing my lips against his.

~*~

I walk toward the dining hall for dinner when I hear someone call my name.

"Vana!" I hear Pheonix yell down the hall. I walk a little faster, not wanting to talk to him.

"Excuse me." I say, squeezing in between two people. I almost make it inside but a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"Vana I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean any of it." I turn around crossing my arms across my chest.

"Then why would you say it?"

"I guess I was just kind of jealous." He says scratching his Phoenix tattoo.

"Pheonix, those scores are just numbers there's nothing to them."

"Not that, it's that I don't know- I guess I thought you and Eric had a thing." My eyes widen slightly as he says this.

"Pheonix-"

"I know, I'm really sorry." He cuts me off and cups my face, leaning in. I hurriedly put my hand over his mouth and stop him. He pulls back, with a confused look on his face.

"What why did you pull away?"

"Because-" I stop when I feel two tattooed arms wrap around my waist, and two lips kiss the top of my head.

Eric.

"Hey baby." He says, and Pheonix's eyes widen in fear. He stumbles away in fear, shaking.

~*~

Eric's Pov

I'm sitting at the leader's table in the dining hall listening to Everret.

"I'm serious I swear I have the secret recipe of Dauntless Cake!" Everret screams, taking a bite from his cake.

"There is now secret recipe of Dauntless cake." I say scanning the room for Vana. My eyes catch the door and I see her and some boy in the hall talking. I'm fine with her talking to guys so I don't make such a big deal of it. But then I saw him cup her face and lean into her face.

I automatically stand up and start walking towards them. I see her put a hand over his mouth and push him away, which makes me slightly giddy.

"What, why did you pull away?" I hear the dirt bag say.

"Because-" Before she can finish come behind her and wrap my arms around her. I plant my lips on the top of her head, making eye contact the kid. I mouth, Don't touch her, while glaring at him. He stumbles into the dining hall, and Vana turns around to me.

"You saw that?" She asks, with my arms still around her.

"Yeah." I mutter angrily gripping her waist.

"I'm really sorry about Pheonix, I didn't know that he felt like that about me." Vana says.

"It's ok, I don't think he'll be touching you like that any time soon." I say, smirking at Pheonix who is glaring at me.

Alright guys, New Eric and I'll put picture of him in the media.