Chapter 27: Drunk Vana

I wake up to the bed dipping slightly beside me, and the warm feeling of arms around me leaving. Eric yawns and fumbles for the two way radio on our night stand. I hear Max over the radio and Eric groans.

"Seriously?" He mumbles and pauses for a moment.

"Ok, ok I'm coming." He gets up, and starts getting dressed. 

"I'll be right back." He says, stuffing his radio in his back pocket and grabbing his keys. I see the door close and my eyes get heavy.

I wonder if I should have told him his shirt was inside out.

~*~

I wake up again when I hear the apartment door open

I wake up again when I hear the apartment door open. Eric steps inside  and immediately strips down into his underwear. I make eye contact as he runs a hand through his black hair. 

"I thought you would've fallen back to sleep." He says, throwing himself back on bed.

"I did." I groggily say. I glance at the red numbers across the room.

3:38 am

"Some kid stabbed some other kid in the eye, with a knife from the kitchen." Eric says. I raise my eyebrows and snort with laughter.

"Of course someone did." 

"Something violent always happens during initiation."

"Not my initiation." I saying scrunching my eyebrows.

"You were nearly murdered out of jealousy." He says and an awkward silence follow. Eric reaches up and touches my cheek softly. 

"Yeah but, I wasn't so...."

"Yeah but you could've died that night. And the other night. And that time Jeanine thought you were divergent. "  I look away from him. 

"I think it's time to turn in." I say with a fake yawn.

"Do you know what I would if I was never able to see those violet eyes of yours open again?" 

"I don't know." I mumble.

"I don't either."

~*~

About a week passes and the hard labor of trying to stop a genocide comes with. The week fills up with news articles, interviews, meetings, and lots of paperwork. Most of the paperwork is of our member's aptitude test results. Which means I've been spending days going through 900,000 aptitude test videos. 

It's a good thing I have Everret though, we split the work 50/50. Not only did we have to watch every single one of the aptitude tests, we also had to cover the tracks of divergents to make them look normal. Not many though, there was only about 20 divergent members in Dauntless. Whereas in Abnegation they probably had thousands roaming around their faction. 

Can't believe Jeanine let that many slip by. 

"Finally done! Whoop whoop!" Everret screamed throwing his hands up for me to high five. I start to high five them, but my hands fall as I let out a long yawn.