Chapter 21: A Plan

"Thank you for meeting me on such short notice ." Jeanine says walking into the meeting room.

I seat my feet on the table and was leaned back on the chair as I watched Issac trail behind her. As he pulls the chair out for her, he catches eye contact with me and smiles. I smile back, and in the corner of my eye I see Eric shift uncomfortably at this.

Some things never change, Eric is as territorial as ever.

"We are here to address our greatest issue, divergents. I have a plan to get rid of them."

I roll my eyes at her antics, all she ever talked about was her desire to slaughter divergents.

"Why would we need to get rid of divergents? I'm still not caught up with that ." I ask.

Jeanine snaps her head towards me, glaring.

"Because these people are tearing away our system. The system is meant for everyone to fit in a certain category. This system is meant for everyone to choose and find who they really are. Divergents can't fit in a certain category so they don't deserve to be here."

"What about the factionless? Shouldn't they be able to fit in your perfect system?" I challenge.

"People make mistakes, some people don't choose who they really are sometimes. I keep telling people to trust the test but they don't and they either end up on the streets or dead. "

I open my mouth to argue more but Max cuts me off.

"So what's the plan to get rid of them?"

" Yes, I'm sure you guys have heard of Abnegation hiding away divergents. I have made a serum that will tap into the mind of the host. On a computer, I can control what the host does . So what I was thinking was that you could distribute this into your faction and we can elimnate both Abnegation and divergents."

At this point I'm too disgusted to even listen to the rest of the meeting. I see my dad across the table nodding and taking notes and almost lose it. How could he go through with this?

~*~

As we get back to the compound I announce that we needed to have a leader meeting. We pile into the room, closing and locking behind us.

"What the fuck?" I say crossing my arms.

"Watch your language." Pops says sternly.

"How could you agree with such a sadistic, horrible-"

"We didn't agree to anything with her." Max says.

"Well then that settles it, we're going to go to her tomorrow and say no."

"It's not that simple." Max rolls his eyes.

"If we say no then there's a good chance that Jeanine will go behind our backs and do whatever she wants. We can't let her do that." Pops says slipping off his reading glasses.

"So, tomorrow we're going to go to her and say yes, that we will go through with her plan." Max says crossing his arms.

"But-"

"I'm sorry babygirl but our hands our tied. There is nothing we can do." Pops gives me an apologetic look as my face heats up from anger and I clench my fists.

"Yes we can. Look, we can go tomorrow and tell her yes but never give our faction the serum. We can act like we are completely with her plan and do whatever she says except give the serum."

Pops just slips back on his reading glasses, and reads over the notes he took during the meeting.

"I guess that can be possible. But, no one talks about this outside of this room. There are cameras everywhere except in this room. You can't tell anyone about this. Okay?"

"Ok." We all say in unison . He waves for the three of us to leave so him and Max could talk. As we walk out, Eric laces his fingers in between mine and tugs me closer to him.

"Have I ever told how absolutely sexy you look when you're angry?" He whispers in my ear. I feel blush rise on my cheeks, and I playfully shove him away.

"Some big things are gonna change when those initiates come here." Everret says, looking me straight in the eye. I've never seen him so serious before. "I can feel it."

"I can too."