Chapter 26: Last Day Of Training

I sit on the kitchen counter top, spraying whipped cream on my hot tea. As I spray whipped cream into my mouth, the door of the apartment opens and I jump at the sound. I hear the squeak of a sneaker against the concrete and my heart speeds up.

"Eric?" I try to say with a mouth full of cream. 

Fear runs in my veins quickly.

"Yeah?" I hear him say before he walks into the kitchen. My body relaxes as Eric places his lips on my forehead. 

"You ok? Sorry if I gave you a scare. Who puts whipped cream on tea?" He says, spraying some cream into his mouth.

"Don't knock till you try it." I say sipping my tea and he rolls his eyes at me. 

"Your side's okay? Didn't work too much today right? Should I get you some pain killers? Or an ice pack? Or both? Or-" He rambles and I place my hand on his mouth to stop him from continuing. 

"I'm okay." He raises his eyebrows at me as I remove my hand. I jump off the counter and Eric's hand gently raises up the hem of my sweatshirt and looks at my side. My once pale skin was now a dark purple mixed with a kind of blue color. It stretched across my body and gave my skin a nasty look. 

"It might take a while to heal ." He stated letting my shirt drop. 

"I can't believe initiation is over tomorrow." I say sitting down on the couch. A bookshelf sits in front of me filled with books Eric "borrowed" from Erudite. I can't believe how they didn't notice just how much of their books were missing. 

"I'm going to miss it." I think out loud. Eric flops down in the seat beside me and looks at me as if I'm crazy.

"Miss it? I'm glad I don't have to deal with those rascals on a daily basis anymore. I don't understand why you like overseeing those little shits all day." He says putting an arm around me. 

"Excuse me, I was one of your "little shits" last year." I say laying my head on his shoulder. 

"Yeah well, you were different. You caught my eye somehow." 

"Maybe it was the blue hair." I joke.

"I especially am not going to miss Four. I really hate that dude." He says clenching his jaw. Eric always didn't like Four but this time it seemed different.

"Do I want to know where all this hatred is coming?"

"Nope" He says quickly.

"I am going to miss those initiates, they were cool. And so was Lauren. I wish it wouldn't have to end." I say playing with his fingers. He sighs as I trace over the scars on his knuckles. I count them and find five on his right hand. One was long and reached over three knuckles. I hate to be the guy receiving that punch. 

"Oh c'mon, overseeing initiation couldn't have been perfect for you. There has to be at least one thing you wouldn't miss." He says looking down at me. 

"Well there is this one kid. His name's Uriah-"

"What kind of name was Uriah?" He judges.

"As I was saying, his name was Uriah and he likes teasing me. Like mocking me and making jokes about our sex life. He thinks that since he grew up teasing me when we were younger that he can still do it but he can't. Stupid Pedrad. I can't stand him. " I huff out , my cheeks burning. I chug down the rest of my tea in rage, licking the cream mustache off.

"Woah. I can't remember the last time I've seen you angry. This guy must really get on your nerves." Eric says with wide eyes. I set my cup down on the table and fold my arms against my chest.