Chapter 20: First Day Of School

2 Months Later

Morning drags me out of my hazy dream and throws me into to the world. I slowly open my eyes and realize I am wrapped in Eric's arms with him spooning me asleep. These two months have passed by so quick I couldn't grip unto it. I still hang with Pheonix as a friend, much to Eric's dismay, but there has been no events between those two. Especially since I made Pheonix walk up to Eric and verbally apologize to him and vice versa.

Adam found out Eric and I were dating, and is still holding a grudge. Mostly because I usually sleep at Eric's apartment compared to mine.

I slowly and carefully sneak out of Eric's arms trying not to wake him. I reach over to his drawer and grab my pile of clothes. I glance at Eric's sleeping body, before turning around and quickly changing out of his t shirt.

"What a good sight to wake up." I hear him say in a drowsily as I just start to put my shirt on. Lightly smiling, I glance at him while buttoning my shorts.

"Why are you leaving so early, we still have and hour before we have to turn in for work. C'mon come back to bed." He says reaching for my hand and pulling me back onto the bed.

"I have to go wish Ada a good day at school. I'll be back before we have to start getting ready." I say reaching over him to pick up my watch off the nightstand.

"Remember that Ada is staying here for the night. Ok I gotta go." I say giving him a peck on the lips before rushing to the door.

Unfortuanately, Ada's mom was doing her fence duty for two weeks and Adam is working overtime today. So today, Ada will have to stay the night with us.

"Love you." He calls behind to me.

"Love you too."

~*~

"Aunt V! Thank god that you're here, daddy has no idea how to braid!" Ada says as soon as I open the door. She rushes towards me with her hair in a tangled mess, Adam trails behind with a guilty look on his face.

"I don't know what am doing..." He says awkwardly. I roll my eyes, and take the brush out of his.

"What do you want me to do baby girl?" I say passing a brush through her long hair.

"Pigtails please!" She says excited. I quickly finish and she runs to get her backpack.

"Here are her clothes for tonight." Adam says throwing a backpack at my face.

"Jeez, don't hurt true beauty."

"I'm ready, let's go before we're late!" Ada says, pushing us out the door.

~*~

We stand outside of the open door that was Ada's classroom. Adam crouches down to Ada's height and places a kiss on the top her head.

"Have good day okay baby girl." He whispers to her.

"Okay!" She says before turning around and heading towards the open door. Before she could walk in though, Adam reached over and stopped her.

"Before you go though," He glances up at the kids in the classroom watching us.

"Give daddy some sugar." A smile spreads across his face as he hears the other kids giggle.

"Dad, you're embarrassing me. Aunty, help before he ruins my street cred."

"You think that's embarrassing? You should've seen how my dad reacted to my first day." Adam and I share a knowing look and an evil smile.

Ada's face turns bright red as Adam and I blow raspberries on either side of her face. The kids laugh even harder after that, and Ada walks into her classroom embarrassed.

~*~

Eric's POV

I stare at the paperwork front of me, stressed out. It was about 11 o' clock and Ada and Vana was already asleep and I was planning on staying up all night filling out work I was behind on.

As I was writing, a door creeks open reveals a fully awake Ada.

"Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't know you had glasses." She says hopping onto the stool next to me.

"They're reading glasses, and why are you awake?"

"Because I couldn't fall asleep."

"I told Vana not to give you so much ice cream before you went to bed."

She gets up and starts exploring my apartment. She stops at my bookshelf, pulling out a book.

"The Outsiders? Can I read this?" Ada says holding up the book.

"I think that book might be too old for you, but go you can try."

She smiles big and takes a seat back on the stool, opening her book and laying her head on my shoulder.

~*~

"Uncle Eric, Uncle Eric wake up." I hear as something shakes me awake.

I must have fell asleep sometime after hearing Ada laugh at Ponyboy's name.

I was going to ask why she woke me in the middle of the knight, but then I hear thumping at thing at the door.

"Someone's at the door Uncle Eric. They've been knocking for a while." She whispers softly.

I get up steadily walking to the door. My hand slowly grabs the bat leaning next to the door and I turn to Ada.

"Go back into the bedroom with Vana and lock the door behind you. Don't come out unless I tell you to."

"But-"

"Don't argue with me Ada." I say sternly, and she hurriedly goes into the bedroom.

I open the door, preparing to hit whoever was behind it to see Everret.

"Whoa! Chill out dude. I was just here to tell you it was snowing." Everret says, fixing his winter cap.

"It's snowing?" Ada says peeking her head out the door of the bedroom.

"Didn't I tell you not to come out till I said so." I say lifting a pierced eyebrow.

"Yes, but I heard someone say something about snow and I love snow." She squeals.

"Shhh you're going to wake Vana."

"Too late." Vana says, stepping out of the in her winter coat. She puts Ada's coat on Ada and then I start to protest.

"You guys want to go out at 2 in the morning, just to play in snow?" I say out of disbelief.

"Yeah."

They start heading out the door, Ada riding on Everret's back. I reach for Vana's hand and pull her back towards me.

"You guys go without us for a second." I say.

As the door clicks closed, I immediately press my lips into hers.

"Eric." She says as I kiss towards her neck.

"Hmmm."

"We can't."

"Sure we can, we could probably fit a quickie in before they wonder where we are." I say, my hands exploring underneath her shirt.

"Nope, I do not trust Everret with Ada. There's time for this later."She detaches her body from mine. I let out a sexually frustrated sigh as I watch her start to leave out the door.

"Control your hormones Newman."

"That's why I gave you a hickey anyway." I call out behind her.