Chapter 1 - good old friend

I can't believe I'm back. You thought to yourself.

You kept walking until you saw a big sign that said Las Nevadas. You stared at the sign. Your heart beats faster and you're not sure why.

It didn't change at all. You walked forward.

The next thing you saw was a big white building. You sighed as you stopped your step.

Does he still remember me? After all of these, he still wants to see me?

You sighed again and stared at the door handle. You're about to reach but soon you put your right arm back to the side of your body. Thought about going home ran through your head.

No, I can't just go back after doing nothing. You took a deep breath and opened the glass door.

You looked around, it didn't change a lot but still some small differences. And you saw a girl with pink hair sitting at the table, she's like doing some secretary things. You walked forward to her.

"Hello, how can I he-" her voice cut off as she looked up at you.

"Long time no see, Niki." You smiled at her.

"Gwen? Is that you?" she covered her mouth and stood up.

"Yes, I'm back." You smiled.

She walked forward to you and hugged you.

"I can't believe you're back! It's been a year!" She said while sobbing.

"Hey! Hey! Don't cry! You're scaring me!" You giggled and patted her back.

"I'm sorry, I'm just too happy." she let go of you.

"So where have you been?" She asked.

"Long story, I would like to tell you but I have to meet someone first." You answered.

"Who is tha-" She cut herself off.

"Oh, I got it. Come, I'll show you the way." she continued and turned to face the hallway.

"You always knew what I'm thinking, Niki." You giggled, so did her.

You two were walking through the hallway. You kept looking around like a curious kid.

"It didn't change a lot." you said.

"Yeah, in fact, we were trying to keep everything the same after you left." she eyed you. You could see the sadness in her eyes. Your leave must be a big tragedy for her.

"Look, Niki. I- I'm so sorry about that, I'm just, I don't know what's wrong with me-" you said.

"No, it's okay!" she looked at you.

"You're here now, you're back to us." She smiled.

You smiled back.

Niki stopped in front of a big wood door, so did you. She eyed you and knocked on the door.

"Someone wants to see you." she said as she opened the door.

"Tell them I'm busy or fucking kick them out I don't know." A man was standing in front of a whiteboard with pictures and maps on it. He looked like planning something.

"But she's already here." She said. The man sighed.

"Okay, geez. Better not waste my t-" He cut himself off as he turned around and saw you.

He's wearing a beanie, white shirt with black overalls on it. As always. He looked very shocked about the fact you're here and said nothing.

"No any welcome to your good old friend? Quackity?"

-
Sorry for a short chapter
Words: 537