Chapter 7 - let them go

You woke up, it was 11 am. You looked around and saw no one was in the room. You jumped down the bed and almost fell.

You walked to the door and saw if there was anyone.

"Hello?" You said. But no one responded.

It was weird because there was supposed to be someone in the White House.

You opened the door and walked downstairs. You still saw no one, not even T&T or Wilbur.

"Tommy? Tubbo? Wilbur." you said it loud but still no one.

"Niki? Alex?" You kept walking around in the lobby.

A few minutes later, you still heard nothing. You looked at the door, you knew you were not supposed to go out but you just worried about your friends.

You walked to the door and stared at the doorknob. The door opened itself when you were about to open it.

You took a step back. You saw T&T and Wilbur were outside the door when it opened.

"Gwen? You were supposed to stay in bed." Wilbur looked up at you.

"Yeah, but I couldn't find anyone here, so..." You shrugged.

"Where's Niki?" Tubbo asked.

"At work, probably." Wilbur answered him.

"Come, you can't walk around." Tommy said and grabbed your right arm.

He took you to the sofa and asked you to sit down. You sat down and he sat next to you.

He put his hand on his forehead, you noticed that he was frowning.

"You good?" You asked worriedly.

"Yeah, just..." He sighed.

"It's nothing, I'm fine." He looked away.

You stayed silent for a moment and you put your hand on his back.

"Tommy, I'm not an idiot." You raised your eyebrows.

"It's Dream." He sighed again.

"What?" You asked.

"He found out about the discs." He said.

"What does he want then?" You asked.

You saw Wilbur and Tubbo walk to you as you finished your sentence.

"Are we gonna start another fight?" You looked up to him.

"I'm afraid so." Wilbur spoke.

You looked down at the floor. None of you wanted a fight. L'manburg just finally got peace.

"Maybe we don't have to." Suddenly, Tommy spoke.

You all looked up to Tommy confusedly.

"I have to deal with this myself this time." Tommy looked up to you.

"No! It will be dangerous!" You said.

"I know! But I can't drag my friends into my shit again." He said.

You frowned and looked up to Wilbur. He eyed Tommy and nodded.

You sighed. You know you can't protect them forever.

"Just promise me you will be careful. If anything is out of control, Wilbur and I will be here." You looked at Tommy.

"Sure." He smiled. You smile back. Then he stood up from the chair.

"Let's go Tubs. Let's have a talk with the green bitch." He looked at Tubbo.

You all laughed because of the nickname you gave Dream. But usually you just call him "green idiot."

- time skip -  I'm lazy

"Okay, we're ready to go." Tommy jumped on the house and said.

"We are going to kick his damn ass." Tubbo said. You giggled.

"Remember, if you need any help, just tell me." You looked at Tommy.

"I can handle this. I'm a big guy." He said.

"No, you're literally the youngest here." Turbo said.

"Fuck you tubs." Tommy turned around and flipped off at him. Tubbo did the same.

"Be careful." You said to them. They nodded and left l'meburg.

"You know, sometimes I think you care too much about them." Wilbur said.

"I promised her I would take care of them. They are all I have." You looked down.

"They need to see the world by themselves. And you know you can't protect them forever." He said.

"I know, but..." You said.

"Maybe you can let them go, put your mind on yourself." Wilbur cut you off.

"What should I mind then?" You looked up at him.

"Quackity... You seemed so happy around him." He smirked.

"What? Alex? He just... He is just a partner that I work with." You looked away.

"You call him Alex though." He said.

"He said so." You explained.

"Yeah, sure." He smiled.

"How about you and Niki?" You smirked.

"Oh, shut the fuck up." He covered his mouth. You both laughed.

You and Wilbur got into the White House and waited for T&T to come back.

You were still a little bit nervous because you didn't know what Dream would do to them.

You decide to head back to the room and are-dress your wound. You walked upstairs, opened the door and walked into it.

You sat down at the table and looked at yourself in the mirror. You put your hand on the bandage around your neck.

Then you started to unwrap the wound, after the bandages were all off, you saw the wound.

"Ew." You frowned.

You took out the new bandages and started to wrap the wound. But you were bad at this, so you just wrapped it unceremoniously.

After you were done, you walked to the bed and sat on the right side. Then you notice there was a note on the bedside table.

You took it and started to read it.

Hey, Gwen.

Just wanna tell you that I came here to see you but you were still sleeping. I didn't wanna wake you up so I just stayed here and read. You're so beautiful when you're asleep. I wanna wait until you wake up but I have to head back.

It's kinda sad that I cannot talk with you, but it's okay. It's good for you to have enough rest.

I will be back later if I can.

Alex.

You smiled after you read the note. At this moment you couldn't stop thinking about him. And couldn't wait to see him again.

-
Yes this chapter is shorter than before bc I want the story to go faster and also I'm last af lol.

Words: 995