Chapter 16 - memories

You knocked on the wooden door in front of you. You stood back and let out a nerve breath. A minute later the door opened.

"Oh! Hi, Niki!" The man in front of you greeted. "Hello Fundy." You smiled.

He led you inside. "The campaign posters are everywhere!" He said as he sat down on the sofa.

"Yeah." You answered shortly as you sat down beside him. "So... who are you voting for?" He asked you.

You let go a breath. "No one." You spoke and turned to him. He was confused. "In fact, this is the reason why I came here." You turned to him. "What do you mean?" He was still confused.

"We can join the campaign too!" Your eyes went wide. "You wanna be the president?" He asked. "No." You said. "Then why?" He questioned.

"If I'm the president, I can make Gwen back!" You said. He stayed silent for a bit. "Isn't she... leaving herself?" He said. "There's probably something wrong so she couldn't tell us!" You said.

"Wilbur's acting like a prick now, and I don't trust Schlatt." You said. He looked away and considered. "If you don't want to, I won't force you." You told him. He turned to you. "I'm in." He said.

"Really?" Your eyes went wide. "Yeah, I mean Gwen is also my friend!" He said. "Thank you so much, fundy!" You hugged him. "We better start preparing." He said. "Yeah! Let's do this!" You smiled.

///

It had been a while since you left. You were pretty chill now. You had more time to focus on yourself and the things you couldn't do before, such as hunting and training your fighting skills.

And yeah, Alex visited you as long as he had time. You asked him if anything happened, he told you everything was just like normal.

You hadn't seen Sapnap after your last talk, to be honest you were quite upset.

And you found a letter from your old partner while you were cleaning your stuff. You took a look and fell into the memories.

At the age of 17, you got a mission which was quite different from your old ones. You had to be with a partner.

The boss led you to a room to meet with him. You entered the room and saw a tall, pink-long-haired man. "Gwen, this is Techno. Techno, this is Gwen." The boss introduced you two.

"This mission is difficult for a single person to complete. So we decided to dispatch you two, the best assassins to do it." The boss said.

None of you said anything, you liked to take actions yourself but it was fine to have another partner.

///

You twisted the person's neck,when he fell down you turned back to Techno. "I guess he's the last one." You said, whipping the blood that was on your cheek off.

"I'm pretty impressed that you're this good" He walked to you. "Well, not as good as you!" You said and you meant it. Techno's skills were way better than yours.

"Anyway, should we head back?" You looked up at him. "Yeah, we'd better leave as soon as possible or..." he said, but you lost your focus when you saw a person appear behind him.

"TECHNO, DUCK!" You yelled as you pulled up the knife. He quickly ducked and you swung the knife through the air.

The knife stabbed into the unknown man's throat, you pulled the knife out and he started bleeding badly. Few seconds later he fell down on the ground, stopped breathing.

"Jesus, you almost died!" Your eyes went wide. He eyed and looked up. "You saved me though." He said. You let out a smirk. "Yeah, you owe me once." Punching his shoulder.

You two laughed for a bit and then he spoke. "Okay, seriously we should go back." He said. "Yeah, the blood smells terrible." You sniffed your clothes.

Before you two left, you checked the bodies. If someone's eyes were open, you would help them to close their eyes. The last respect you could give.

///

"Wilbur..." you called him, he turned around. His eyes went wild as soon as he saw you. "I messed up..." you said with a cold tone. "What do you mean about that?" He quickly walked to you. "Why are you covered in blood?" He grabbed your shoulders.

It was a weird-normal question. You were an assassin, it's normal for you covered in blood. But you wouldn't show in front of him like that usually.

"I didn't mean to..." you looked down at your hands that were covered in all red. "Tell me what happened!" He said. "I'm sorry..." you whispered.

"I'm sorry..."

///

"You should leave here." Techno spoke, your sight went up on him. "Why?" You frowned. "Gwen, this place is messed up." He crossed his arms around his chest. "You can't stay here." He continued.

"I have to." You raised your eyebrows. "Look what all this did to you!" He raised his voice a bit. "Nothing. I'm still the same person, Nothing changed about me!" You talked back.

He let out a heavy breath. "I heard you killed the person who murdered-" he suddenly spoke. You knew what he was going to say. You took out your knife and threw it. The knife flew through beside his cheek, stuck on the wall behind him.

"Don't!" You warned him. He sighed. "That's what I'm trying to say. This place changed you." He said. "How would you know, you've only known me for a year!" You said.

"A year is enough to see your change." He said. "I'm just trying to stop you." He raised his hands beside his face. "I'm leaving here." He said, leaving you in the empty room.

///

You opened the door and walked in, throwing yourself on the sofa. "Gwen!" You heard a familiar voice, you turned your head around and saw Tubbo rushing to you.

He jumped on you. "Hey!" You let out a scream. "How's work?" He asked. "Well, as always." You told him. "But I saw a little bee when I'm backing bread." You smiled.

Of course you lied. You told them your job was a baker. "Bee? Tell me more!" He got excited. You let out a soft smile.

Then Tommy walked into the living room too, sitting down beside you. "Geez, you wouldn't believe what Tubbo did today!" He looked at you.

"What was that?" You questioned. "He almost ate a bee!" Tommy pointed at Tubbo. "I'm just curious!" Tubbo sat up.

They started arguing. You shook your head and put your hands on their heads. "Okay, okay. No fighting." You said.

You looked at them. Totally forgot what happened at work, what made you exhausted. Their smiles could always be the reason you keep you going.

You hugged them. They were confused."Give your big sister a hug." You said.

"I'm glad you two are living happily. Everything I did is worth it."

-
I failed my math test 🤩

Words: 1171