Chapter 32 -Before

Sometimes Y/N wondered why things happen the way they do.

She couldn't recall a time where she could ever feel that things would change for the better.

Where she could feel almost the hope of a small sliver of change.

She certainly couldn't have bet on being hurt so bad that she could barely remember who she was.

Or being sent to a bizzare world full of true weirdos who either wanted to fuck her or just cling onto her.

And at the moment, she was just so exhausted, or so she thought as she rested quietly on a tree stump.

After everything that had transpired, Y/N had just asked to go back to their home, and had asked for Cato to come with them too.

Despite the protests, it was agreed that he was needed for Nights own mental state, as Cato saw himself as Nights guardian.

The others had met Y/N later on throughout the day, and apparently now she had somehow increased the numbers of the guys in her harem. Since nobody was refusing to leave.

Most women would've jumped at the chance. So many beautiful men surrounding them and loving on them... who wouldn't want that?

Y/N that's who.

She had been planning to make a new life for herself. The idea of men or dating hadn't been in her mind at all.

As she massaged her temples in annoyance, she felt someone poke her cheek with a giggle.

Looking over she saw it was Night. He was finally wearing some clothes thanks to the others.

His silver hair sparkled in the sunlight. And he still had an innocent childish gleam that was almost relaxing.

"Oh hi". Y/N said as Night plopped himself down next to her.

He nudged her and handed her something.

Looking at the item she realized it was a red large cherry.

"Thanks Night". She said with a small smile as he laid his head on her shoulder.

He giggled again and nuzzled on her shoulder relaxing with Y/N.

The others had all gone off in search of food and water. Leaving a tired Y/N with Night and a bored Rys flying around.

"God you know what I miss? I miss a nice shower. And electricity. And wifi". Y/N said out loud sadly to Night who looked at her curiously.

He had no idea what she was talking about.

But he was happy she was talking to him.

"I just want to go back to my world. This is all so much for me . It's just not fair.." Y/N could feel tears prickling in her eyes and Night let out a sad sigh seeing her distress.

Picking himself up, Night kissed her cheek tenderly, kissing away the tears streaking down.

Y/N slowly looked at him and leaned over.

Not kissing him but staring at him nose to nose.

"I don't get why you're my soulmate. But I feel bad. You seem so kind and so pure. This all feels so wrong". She whispered as Night smiled.

He cupped her face and left little kisses all over her face in delight.

And to her surprise, Y/N felt herself relax, and oddly cry even more.

In fact, she just started sobbing by this point, crying into Nights hands as everything swelled within her.

Sobbing at how she could never seem to have the freedom she so craved to have.

Above the tree, Rys listened in, sadly floating around.

He wanted to hug her too. But he figured even with Night she just needed some time to herself.

And far beyond the tree, a female elf paced.

She would soon get her true love no matter it took.