Chapter 22- The past

Growing up, Y/N had crushed so hard on him. She had always peeked at him. Looked at how his silver black locks had swayed. His glistening eyes and beautiful smile had captured her.

She used to play with him as a child.

Both of them, running through the sprinklers, laughing and pushing each other softly.

He had been cute as a kid but had blossomed into a very handsome young man.

Y/N didn't know when her crush had started on him. Maybe when she was a kid? Who knows.

The only thing she did know was that she weak to his looks and charming personality.

When she was in her senior of high school, he suddenly asked her out.

It had confused her. Though they had remained friends growing up, they had never been super close as teenagers. Only hanging out when their families got together.

But he had asked her out nonetheless. His smirk had made her heart flutter. It wasn't an arrogant smirk. It had been playful.

"You don't want too?" He had asked when she had hesitated.

"Well.. no! I mean no I'm not hesitating. I mean- oh god. Sorry I'm just nervous. Uh yes I would love to go out with you. I mean uh-" She had turned into a babbling mess. Making him let out a soft laugh and hug her.

Her mind turning into mush when he had placed his soft lips over hers.

He was amazing.

But things changed within the next few years.

He became.. strange almost.

Angry at the world. Drinking more than often.

He even forced her to live with him when she was 19.

Neither of their parents interjected. Perhaps they thought she and he would marry.

Now as Y/N spoke about it she felt sick.

Sick at the little love struck girl she had been. Sick af how foolish she had been.

She thought of his lies. Of his sweet personality which would turn sour when he was in a bad mood.

His hitting. His kicking.

And the worst of all had been at the night.

Something, Y/N didn't want to speak of, something that she kept quiet about.

It was too much to speak about.

"...Anyways.. I left and now I'm here".

She finished with the others listening in slight shock.

Flower stared over at Y/N.

He was sitting cross legged on his blanket.

But he wanted to ask her the one question that had been burning his mind.

"..Do you ever miss him?"

Y/N stared blankly at the ever changing night sky.

"I miss my fantasies. I don't miss what really happened".

(Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! The next will be much longer. I didn't explain to much about the ex since he's still a mystery, but just know he does play a role later on! I hope everyone's doing well and that you're all healthy!)