Chapter Twelve

- Oh, alright John! I think you deserve to know. - said Jane.

She begins to explain to me that both of them was on the Mr. Fortescue's office (I knew it!) and what they heard and said in that time and fighted as well. She also told to me about tha mysterious steps which Sherlock truly believes that was from a man. "Of course it was!" And then she also said how she fell - "He don't get me! Can you believe in that?" - and how they both lost the paper! That bloody paper! The only bloody proof to put Fortescue on jail for his dubious bussiness! But... that's no matter! Well, not anymore... He is... dead!

- He is... WHAT? - shouted Jane.

- Oh, he is dead. I'm sorry, I'm sort of forgot... - I said.

- That's good! - said Sherlock.

Both of us, Jane and I look over him.

- WHAT? SHERLOCK! - shouted Jane.

- SHERLOCK! - shouted I, as well.

- What are you too so surprised? That death means that someone is afraid of something and I gonna find out who! - he said, laughing.

In this point, Jane stood up violently and quickly leave the house.

Sherlock, in the other hand, chase up at her indeed. WHAT?

- ALRIGHT! - I shouted from my armchair. - You both can do your sort of... things... by yourselves! I'm gonna be here! Wainting... Alone... Oh, for God's sake!

And then, I leave Baker Street chase up at them, as well!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For no logical reason, Jane stood up and leave us talking alone. Why she do this? I have to find out!

- Sherlock! Are you following me? - she shouted. - And what for?

I hold her arm and said:

- Why do you leave us in that way? What's happenning?

- No.. nothing! Nothing at all! I just want to be alone, okay, just that! - she said pretty nervous.

- Really? It don't looks like that. Fortescue just die! Come on!

- SHERLOCK! Don't start that again! - she shouted again. - Oh, I'm sorry... I'm pretty nervous... just...just leave me alone, please.

- No. What's happenning to you?

- Alright Sherlock, alright! - she screamed. - Do you really want to know?

- YES! - I said.

- He.. He propose me! That's it! He propose me, Sherlock and for that I run away... - she said.

He... Mr. Fortescue propose her? For a wedding thing? No! No way!

- I just have to be alone now okay! - she said. - Can you...

- But he is married! - I said. - And twice!

- YES! I KNOW THAT SHERLOCK! - she shouted.

- AND WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME? IT IS NOT MY FAULT! - I shouted.

- I KNOW IT! I JUST WANT TO SCREAM! - Jane said.

- AND WHY? - I said.

- BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU, SHERLOCK HOLMES! - she said that and put her hands in her mouth. - Oh, I'm sorry... I din't mean it... I...- her eyes became bigger and with a strange sparkle in it. - Oh, Sherlock! Look at that!

I start to wondering  a lot of things... What she said? "I care about you, Sherlock Holmes!". She... just... care about me?

- Sherlock! Isn't that woman of the restaurant? Of Lady Bunner's case? - Jane said taking me back to reality. Finally something that I know very well: a case!

- Isn't it? I didn't remember. Oh, yes! Indeed! I remember she ask John something in the restaurant when... oh, nevermind! - I said. - But let me talk to her, I've more experience with people like that – the old ones, I love the old ones! - and by the way I'm the world's only consulting detective!

We came where the old lady was. For a first look I could see she wasn't that rich, your blings were mere gifts, she likes cats and groceries, leaves by herself but regullarly invites two or three friends for a kind of book club or something like that. Something boring. She also have a weakness in the right leg.

- Hello lady! I'm a doctor and we are doing a routine visit... Can we talk for a while? - I asked her.

- No way! I hate hospital and doctors stuffs! Go to hell young man, I'm complete fine! - the old woman said. - And you lady? Who are you? Can I know it?

- There's no problem ma'am! I am a consulting detective! The only in the world! - Jane Marple said, blinking. Can you believe that? - Forgive my assistant here...he is quite new in this bussiness...

- Amazing! I love detectives histories! - the old lady cried. - It is so adorable! Come in, come in dears!

How she dare! I can't believe in that! Call yourself detective and call me her... assistant! This is so...

Anderson! So humiliating! I can't believe!