Chapter One

by John H. Watson

That was a morning of 24 of december. Christmas eve. Sherlock, like the usual, wasn't excited at all – but, indeed, he almost never excited himself in this date – and really needed of a bit of mistery: a case.

I must confess that this was my very first wish as well and some adrenaline is not bad at all... I'm a bloody doctor!

Finally, Mrs Hudson come upstairs with all her confusion. That's it. That's my opportunity of get out of this bad situation. Or Mrs Hudson or pushing into a "occasional conversation" with the man in his pajamas and already in his "boring" position (such a child!). I choose the very best for all of us and smiling, say:

- What's going on, Mrs Hudson?

-Oh, hello dears! Imagine that a old friend of mine (not friend at all) call me telling that her daugther is gone? Uh,Uh I bet she is lying like the last time...

- Oh, yes Mrs Hudson, yes.. - I agree without undestanding what she means.

- SAY THAT AGAIN! - Yelled unexpectedly my fellow, now out of his "boring" position.

- Oh, yes, yes Sherlock dear, well, is just a friend of mine. In fact, I don't even know her well! Once I've lost my ring, my silver ring with a tiny diamond in the middle - you already see it. It was of my grandmother's, could you see? And I liked it so much, so much and I lost it. Lost it and the little girl found it! She found it! In this time she was 6 years old... just 6 years old and did it faster than the police! - Mrs Hudson say that last sentence more lively than when her husband was sentenced, with a bit help of Sherlock, of course.

- No, I say the important part and not this stu...

- SHERLOCK! - I yelled between the "Don't mind Jonh", "you mother have to explain it!", and "do not expected cookies this afternoon, young man!" from Mrs Hudson who leaves disappointed and comes back imediatelly with a man and a complete new attitude:

- He wants to talk to you, boys! - She said what we all have in our minds and finally leaves after mock "c-l-i-e-n-t".

That man was tall, perhaps taller than Sherlock. Good looking and well dressed, not very old or very young, with yours 50 years old, probably. He cames in and sit in the chair always used by our clients, whatever they is.

Sherlock, on the other hand, also had your minutes to read, what makes me the talker that instant:

- So, what's the matter?

- What your employer wants? - interrupted Sherlock, as the very usual, with a smile in his face.

- Oh, yes Mr. Holmes, yes. My employer is Mr. Fortescue, a rich man. He requests your services and retience in a certain disappearance. - he said with afraid.

- Boring! - said Sherlock with zero attention to the potential client right here.

- I'm sorry?- said the servant.- But Mr. I don't say anything yet!

- This is a simple case for Gordon and the police! Why you came here?

- Sherlock, enought! Is Greg, Greg Lestrade and let the poor man speaks!

Sherlock doesn't dared answer me and the man, who changes  complete, starts to explain himself:

- It's a complete emergency misters! My boss made me promisse to him that I would make this happen. And this girl, she is important to him. Very important and he have to find her. You have. And poor girl, she is... different.

- What do you mean? - I asked him.

- The boss sir, and everybody says. She is insane, freak. You now. But she looks so normal!

- And how about your son? - asked Sherlock.

The man changes himself again:

- How you now that, Mr Holmes? No way, no. It's impossible!

- Oh, of course is not. It's obvious, ins't it John?

- Oh yes, definally! - I said with all the sacarsm.

- Nice try, John! - said Sherlock while the man runs down in the stairs.

- What? He must to be kidding me! - I said, while run after him and saw Sherlock take something from the mess in the desk.

I caught him in the end of the baker street:

- Hey! Hey! Why you did this? Why you was running like that? - I shouted a little bit gasping and try to not appears to.

  - No way, no way! It's impossible! Impossible! - cried the man. - Nobody know about my son, nobody!

- But sir, listen to me! Sherlock is such a ... diferent person. He is definally not like us. He can know about everything and I'm not know how yet, but he knows. Trust me, I know him. And what is bad about your son, anh?

- Sir, you don't understand! I've a little brother with 7 years old and don't have a wife for 6 years! He... he hurts a lot about this loss and...- he hesitated. - He is my son, alright! Our son! But nobody knows that, just... her!

- Oh, I'm sorry sir, your wife.

- No, sir. You're wrong. The girl who disappears! For that I say: stay away for your friend, he is a freak, freak like her!