Book 1: Water | 19 | Just a Dream...

Art drawn by me! Meet the Triplets!

Ayaan thought that Prince Zuko was annoyingly persistent. Very, very annoyingly so. It took them a few hours of twists and turns to finally get him off of their trail. Even more so to get Katara to stop teasing Sokka about his clothing decisions.

"Why aren't you teasing Ayaan, too?! He's wearing the dress!" Sokka said, fed up at this point. Now that they were peacefully flying, Katara couldn't help herself to teasing the boy who was still wearing the Kyoshi Garb. They hadn't had enough time to take it off, but now that they did Sokka was pulling it away like it had sinned against him.

In a way, it had. Katara continued to call him cute.

"Whatever do you mean, Sokka? I've been giving both of you the same compliments, only you seem to take it as 'teasing'." She smiled, but the smile was tainted with amusement. "And what was that kiss from before, huh? When did my brother get himself a girlfriend~?"

Sokka blushed at the accusation, loving the idea but pushing it aside. "I-it wasn't like that and you know it!"

"Oh really now?" Her eyebrow raised just as her smirk grew.

Sokka regained his bearings as he planned his comeback. "Yeah, really. What about you? Getting all 'hugs and cuddles with Aang, eh? Since when did you two become a thing?" He was smirking now as he could see the subtle blush on her face.

"It was just a hug!" She replied defiantly. No one noticed how Aang deflated slightly, but agreed with her with a small tint of pink on his cheeks.

That was not missed by Sokka. "Oh really now?" He said, using her previous words against her. "Aang? You sure 'bout that?"

Aang decided to flee using his glider at that moment, making an excuse of it being a bit of practice. They continued to go back and forth like this, only one of them not caring for the conversation.

That would be Ayaan, who was currently looking over the edge of Appa's saddle and into the dusk painted clouds. The orange, reds, and yellows of the sky fascinated him as the sun began to set on yet another day. But he couldn't quite concentrate on this beautiful scene as his mind replayed what happened to them just hours ago.

Wherever they go, danger follows them. It was no longer an option to stay in one place for too long. How had Zuko gotten their exact location? He'd gotten stronger with his hand to hand as well as his bending. Were the Kyoshi Warriors alright? What about the painters, Ichi, Nii, and San? He was surprised that they were earthbenders too. What were they doing on Kyoshi?

'Aang's Identity as the Avatar brings too much attention. That is something that we can't afford right now. He has not learned the other elements, and only has us to protect him. Soon...'

Ayaan's frown deepened as the grip he had on his spear tightened slightly.

'Soon, it won't be enough.'

"We need to get to the North Pole as soon as we can." Ayaan spoke up, stopping his siblings antics as they turned to look at their brother who had been extremely quiet since leaving Kyoshi. "We need to find a way to hide your identity, Aang. Being the Avatar brings too much attention."

"But people need to know that he's here!" Katara argued, shaking her head. "He gives people hope, you saw that."

"Yes." Ayaan agreed. "But danger follows him. You saw that." He recycled her words. They all knew it was true, and Ayaan wasn't the type to beat around a bush.

To that, Katara didn't have a response. Aang had told her something similar when he was on the island, watching the buildings burn away.

"But we can't just hide away." Sokka spoke up.