Book 1: Water | 43 | A Warning

Sketch By Me! If you want more of my Ayaan Study, I plan to put all of that on my Patreon. Also, how would one do art commissions? I'm thinking about trying this, but I have... no clue what to do. I feel very stupid. hELP.

...Anyways~ On to the story!

There were smiles everywhere, the atmosphere on the deck the lightest it had ever been. Sure, there were some with injuries, some that were a bit ill, but each and every one of them had a relieved expression on their face despite that. Why? It was quite simple.

They were free.

"Thank you, Lord Ayaan, and you, Katara, of the Water Tribe," Tyro said, his voice heavy with genuine gratitude. "My family and everyone here owe you much."

"Yeah, you guys were awesome out there!" Haru added, admiration in his voice. He turned to the slightly imposing Ayaan, having to look up at him a bit. "I knew you were holding back on us during training, Lord Ayaan, but I never thought it was that much."

"I wanted to train you, not harm you." He answered. Though he kept silent after that. Ayaan wasn't one to speak when he didn't need to.

"So, I guess you're going home now," Katara said, picking up where her brother left off. She was proud of the fact that she and her family truly had saved these people. They'd come so far since leaving home, and they'd only go further.

"Yes. To take back my village." Tyro said. He raised his fist to the air, his voice echoing throughout the rig, "To take back all of our villages! The Fire Nation will regret the day they set foot on our land!"

"RAAHHH!!!"

"TO THE EARTH KINGDOM!"

"TO HOME!!"

The earthbenders were riled up by the man's impressive bravado, earning a nod from Ayaan. Yes, this was much better than before.

"Speaking of that," Sokka said, getting Tyro's attention. "We're a bit ahead of you. I'll explain."

"Please do, Sokka of The Water Tribe." Tyro nodded. With that, Sokka began explaining everything they'd set up at his home and what was spreading through the other villages as they spoke.

"Come on, Haru!" Katara said, grabbing his hand, "Let's help the others." At this, Haru smiled, nodding his head as he let himself be pulled along.

Ayaan had the strange urge to point his spear at that smile on his face and demand she let go of his hand, but he refrained.

Currently, he was thinking deeply about everything that had transpired. While he was glad it was finally over, it was a short-lived feeling. The enemies that they were facing were becoming stronger. This battle proved that to him. While the fight had been won, that did not mean it hadn't been hard.

And on top of that, he had to worry about his family getting hurt. Katara was almost injured. He needed to train more. They needed to become stronger. If not, he feared the day his strength wouldn't be enough.

What would he do if that happened? How would he be able to live if one of them got hurt on his watch? He didn't want to think of the possibility of it happening. He didn't want to think about the fact that one day he wouldn't be enough.

He couldn't live with himself if he let that type of failure come to pass.

It couldn't happen.

'Not again.'

Meanwhile, everyone was preparing for their departure. They didn't want to stay there for even a second longer, but they needed to utilize it to its fullest. Some of the earthbenders scoured the place, looting it of any money, tools, or anything else they could find. All of this was suggested by Sokka and Ayaan.