Book 1: Water | 55 | Phantom Allies

a/n: I am so very sorry that this chapter is so late. I've been working on some other things and took a break from writing on this. I also made stickers for lunar warrior that no one wants, but that's okay. I've been doing WAY too much with the fact that I have a lot of stories, none of them complete or discontinued, and I want to update them all with the plans I have for them.

That will come out in due time, I plan to continue my work on all of them, even my older works. I'm thankful to all of my patrons for their support and for sticking with me. I am grateful to all of you who read my stories and genuinely like them. I know my updates are slow, but I promise none of these stories have been abandoned.

I'm posting this chapter for the sole reason of saying this story is NOT DISCONTINUED. I HAVE NOT ABANDONED IT, IT WILL UPDATE, I HAVE PLANS FOR IT.

Now, onto this chapter!

.

.

Wǔ rushed to Ayaan the moment the Gaang got him on the ground. It took all of them to get him down, Aang using his airbending to make him lighter as the siblings each held a side of him.

"Tell me what's happening!" Sokka snapped, hating the fact he had no idea what was going on with his brother. But he knew that these guys hovering had an idea. He needed to be in the known.

Right now.

"After we get him stable!" Wǔ snapped back. His saturated eyes blazed as he looked back at his brothers, "Qī, Liù. The calming ritual!"

"On it."

"Ready!"

The waterbender, earthbender, and firebender were quick to relax into stances none of them had ever seen before. Gently, with grace in every flow of his fingers, Liù brought streams of water from the pouches they hadn't seen on his person. The crystal-clear waters formed sparkling rings around their lord, seeming to shine in the light.

Qī stomped the ground, raising Ayaan on a makeshift bed of stone as he simultaneously pushed them away. They stumbled at the sudden movement, everything happening too fast for them to properly take it in. The small stones he raised broke down mineral by mineral until they were sand, creating similar rings that danced in tandem with the streams.

Wǔ breathed out, and from his lips, a purple flame emerged. Soft and light, the gentle fire was unlike anything the trio had ever witnessed. Where firebenders of any kind brought dread and anger within them, this flame felt different. They kissed the sand with its heat as the water soothed it, and within moments, they became glass.

Everything began to shine; the setting sun's pure, golden glow reflected off of the glass and was carried by the dancing streams of water. All three brothers were chanting, a song not even Aang, who'd visited many places, had ever heard. They couldn't understand the language spoken, but the melody seemed to soothe their nerves somehow, too.

"Look! On his head!" Sokka called out, having never taken his eyes off of Ayaan. A mark appeared on his unconscious brother's forehead, and this time staying long enough for all of them to see it. It was the yin symbol, seemingly etched into his skin.

And that was the moment his eyes opened, and the Phantoms paused everything they were doing. Everything became still, and finally, the others were allowed to come closer.

"Ayaan...? Are you okay?" Ayaan's eyes were hazy as he lay on the slab. The moment they found them, everyone saw it; they were a midnight blue; a starless night sky just after dusk. No, maybe the deepest part of the sea, endless and unfathomable.