𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟑 - 𝟐

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination," Professor Trelawney's voice flittered dreamily. "In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight!" She said, standing up and nearly knocking the table in front of her over.

All the students were perched on cushions or poofs around low wooden tables with wispy tablecloths. Potter had been very awkward around me recently, which Hermione thought was just hilarious, but I hadn't seen her since lunch.

"I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future!" She shook her hands in the air for emphasis.

"This term, we shall be focusing Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves! So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

Potter and Weasley were laughing quietly with each other. I couldn't even scold them. This was ridiculous.

"What do you see?" She asked giddily. "The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read." She stepped up to Finnigan and grabbed his head, shaking it. "But first, you must broaden your minds!" The three of us doubled over in silent laughter. "First, you must look... beyond!"

"What a load of rubbish," Hermione scoffed from next to me. 

"When'd you get here?" Weasley asked, appalled. 

"Me? I've been here this whole time." 

"You, boy, is your grandmother quite well?" Trelawney asked Longbottom.

"I- I think so..." he said.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," she replied. His face turned white.

"Give me his cup," she said frantically to the boy next to Longbottom. "Hmm," she hummed in disappointment. "Pity." Longbottom grabbed the cup and peered into it frantically. 

Then she stopped in front of our table, looking straight at Weasley.

"Oh!" She exclaimed, causing Weasley to jump. "Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

"Sure," Weasley nodded quickly.

"Look at the cup, tell me what you see!"

He peered inside, although I knew he hadn't the faintest idea what he was doing. "Yeah... er, well, Harry's got sort of a wonky cross," he said, flipping through the pages of his book. "That's... trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun, and that's happiness."

Professor Trelawney shook her hands so her many bracelets jangled, encouraging Weasley on.

"So, er... you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it."

I snorted into the back of my hand.

"Give me the cup," she said sweetly to Weasley. But the second she touched it, she screamed and dropped it onto the floor, shattering it.

"Oh, my dear boy," she gasped. "My dear... you have the Grim."

Multiple students made sounds of horror. I racked my brains on what I knew of the creature. It wasn't anything good.

"Taking form of a spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death," someone read from their book.

"You don't think that Grim's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Weasley asked as we walked down to Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures.

"Oh, honestly, Ron," Hermione said, exasperated. "If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now, Ancient Ruins, that's a fascinating subject."