𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟓 - 𝟏𝟏

My father was holding me by my hair, nails biting into my scalp. The rest of the group was each bound to a Death Eater, like a terrifying version of the Inquisitorial Squad. They stood in a circle around the arch, although each of them pressed agains the wall like they were scared of it.

My father laughed as he dragged me forward with him to Potter. "Did you actually believe... or were you truly naive enough to think... that children stood a chance against us?"

I felt blood drip down onto my lip from my nose as my father yanked my head back, exposing my neck. I gasped, but bit my lip before I could make another sound.

"I'll make this simple for you, Potter," he said, holding out an expecting hand again. His eyebrows ticked. "Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends... die."

Potter stared my father straight in the eyes. "You would kill your own daughter?" He asked quietly.

"I would not kill her, but there is no saying what the Dark Lord would do," he snarled. My throat felt like it was repeatedly being stabbed as I swallowed down the bitter taste in my mouth.

Potter looked around the room, glancing at each and every one of his friends who were currently held at wand point by Death Eaters. Then he looked at me, and I felt like father had put his spell on me all over again. I couldn't breath, or think, or feel my own body. Potter couldn't give the prophecy up to Voldemort, but he also had no choice. I watched him make the decision behind his eyes.

"Don't give it to him, Harry!" Longbottom shouted. Bellatrix shushed him and put her wand against his neck.

Potter slowly lifted the crystal ball into my father's hands. The second it touched his palm, the substance inside dimmed to nothing. Father didn't seem to care. His grip on me loosened as he stared at the prophecy triumphantly. Then from behind us there was a flash of white-hot light.

Father turned, taking me with him.

"Get away from my godson," Sirius Black said calmly, and then proceeded to punch my father in the face. I don't think I had ever been happier to see someone punch my father in the face. Potter grabbed my hand and Sirius led us behind the pedestal as chaos rose once again. More tall clouds of white appeared around the room, taking out Death Eaters and freeing the others from the ones who were holding them. Tonks, Moody, Kingsley, and Remus were all here. Hope flared in my chest. 

Sirius crouched us down, casting shield charms for any spells that were fired towards us. He turned and grabbed Potter's face in both his hands.

"Now, listen to me, I want you to take the others and get out of here," he said, breathing heavily. 

"What?" Potter asked in disbelief. "No, I'm staying here with you."

"You've done... beautifully," Sirius decided. I would have laughed if there wasn't the possibility that a killing curse could hit us any second. "Now let me take it from here."

"Black," my father growled from behind us. His nose looked broken and his face was bruised, which made how furious he looked even worse. Two more Death Eaters joined him, and Potter, Sirius and I each fought one. 

I sent my Death Eater flying backwards, as did Potter.

"Nice one, James!" Sirius shouted. I'd never once seen Potter's face brighten the way it did just then.

Sirius finished my father off with a twirl of his wand, sending him crashing into a rock behind him with a sickening crack. It scared me, that only a very minuscule part of me felt bad for my father. 

Then, as quickly as my father had disappeared, Bellatrix appeared off to the side in a blast of black smoke. 

"Avada Kedavra!" She shrieked.