𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟕 - 𝟕

Reality hit me like a slap in the face.

One minute I was sleeping next to Potter, and we were in Hogwarts, and it was warm and peaceful and I was happy. The next minute I remembered everything.

Potter and I had fought, then we had certainly made up, and now somehow I was back in the tent. Back in the tent that Weasley should be in as well. I stirred, and realized Potter wasn't in fact still sleeping next to me. Instead he was pouring coffee in the mini kitchen, and Hermione was curled up on a chair off to the side reading Dumbledore's book.

I sat up so suddenly Hermione looked up and gasped in surprise. Relief flooded her features, and she called over to Potter. "Harry, she's awake!" He quickly came over, spilling some of his drink onto the floor.

"What's the matter?" I asked suspiciously. "I was only sleeping."

"For a week!" Potter exclaimed incredulously. My mouth fell open. Hermione shushed him and hurried over to me, fussing and feeling my forehead.

"I was asleep for a week?" I demanded.

Hermione, satisfied I wasn't on the brink of death, sat on the end of the bed near my feet. "Harry brought you back, and the second you stepped inside you passed out. Your lips were blue and you were shivering so bad." She swallowed thickly. "I did everything I could, but really all we could do was let you sleep."

I stared at her with wide eyes. "I can't believe..." I looked to Potter. "But I was fine..."

He smiled. "Yeah, while you were screaming at me. Then we came into the tent and you almost collapsed."

I shook my head slowly. "Are we still in the same place?"

"No, we Apparated with you unconscious," Hermione scoffed.

"So yes?"

"So yes, we're still in the same place," she said, averting her eyes and walking over to the other end of the tent, randomly shuffling through papers. I knew why. She felt terrible for me, but she was probably also glad we hadn't moved yet. Weasley could still find us here. Once we Apparated somewhere new, he really wouldn't be able to come back.

I glanced at Potter again, and a pink tinge appeared on his cheeks. "I think it's my turn to go on watch," he mumbled, and then shuffled outside. I sighed.

"He was really worried about you, you know," Hermione said, still with her back turned towards me. She hesitated and then added, "I really hope you don't believe what Weasley said. I've been trying to get you and Harry together since third year."

I laughed and she finally looked at me again, smiling sadly. 

"He laid next to you every night and sat on that bed all day," she added softly. "If he doesn't love you, then I don't think love is real."

I felt my cheeks go hot, but I didn't care. He laid next to me every night. He sat next to me all day. He wasn't mad that I had immediately jumped to agree with Weasley, or annoyed at how stubborn I had been with him. He had truly, honestly been scared for me. I guess certain hypothermia can do that to a person.

"Thanks, Mione," I whispered.

In response she walked over and wrapped me in a hug. It was so sudden and unexpected I froze for a moment, and then instantly melted against her. She was my best friend. She was my sister. She was Hermione. 

When we pulled away from each other, she had a smile on her face as she hastily wiped away a tear. "I'm getting Harry. We need to tell you something."

She left out the flap, I heard low voices, and then the two of them entered the tent again. Potter's face was pink already from what could have only been five minutes in the cold, and I realized that I didn't even know what month it was.