𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟒 - 𝟒

Potter and I were sitting against a tree in front of the Black Lake, trying to take advantage of the last of the moderate weather. We had our books and our parchment, but we had given up trying to study a while ago, and had resorted to talking about anything other than the first unknown task.

Then, Hermione's voice came from behind us. "Look, it's already been through enough people. Why don't you talk to him yourself?" I assumed that was directed at Weasley. They were also accompanied by Ginny. 

We sighed and stood up, walking over to them.

"What do you want me to say again?" Hermione whispered. Weasley whispered something inaudible back, and she stepped forward.

"Harry, Ronald would like me to tell you, that Seamus told him that... Dean was told by Parvati that... Hagrid's looking for you," she rushed out.

"Is that right?" Potter started angrily. "Well, y- what?" He said after a pause. 

"Er.. uh..." Hermione turned back to Weasley. I was throughly annoyed with the whole situation now.

"Dean was... told by Parvati that... don't make me say it again," Hermione said, coming back to us. "Hagrid's looking for you."

"Well you can tell Ronald-" Potter began.

Hermione whipped around and yelled, "I'm not an owl!" I raised my eyebrows at her. She walked back, grabbing Ginny by the arm and bringing her with her. Weasley hesitated before following them. 

I touched Potter's shoulder and he looked at me.

"Hey," I said. "He'll get over it. You just need to focus on other things right now."

"Yeah," Potter agreed, but his tone of voice didn't reassure me much.

"Did you two bring the Cloak like I asked yeh to?" Hagrid asked us as we entered the forest. He had requested that we come far past curfew because he wanted to show us something important. I wasn't exactly excited.

"Yeah, we brought the Cloak, but where are we going?" Potter asked. 

"You'll see soon enough," was Hagrid's only response. 

"Why do you have a flower in your coat pocket?" I questioned. He touched it self consciously. 

"And... Hagrid, have you combed your hair?"  Potter added incredulously.

"As a matter of fact, I have," Hagrid replied. "You might want to try the same thing now and again." 

I hid a laugh with the back of my hand and Potter rolled his eyes. Then, there was a distant roaring from deep inside the trees. We stopped, and I looked nervously into the mist.

"Hagrid?" Another voice came, one that sounded suspiciously like Madame Maxime.

"The Cloak! Put the Cloak on!" Hagrid said urgently.

Potter threw the Cloak over our heads, and we watched as Hagrid and Maxime interacted. Hagrid tried at some French, and failed miserably. Maxime batted her eyelashes and spoke softly.

"Oh, Hagrid," she said. "I thought perhaps you weren't coming. I thought perhaps... you had forgotten me."

"I couldn't forget you, Olympe," Hagrid replied. Potter gagged next to me, and I snickered.

"What was it you wanted to show me?" She asked. "When we spoke earlier, you sounded so... exhilarated."

I felt as though this was something Potter and I shouldn't be watching.