EPILOGUE

KAI

"We wish you a pleasant stay in Tromso. On behalf of the entire crew, thank you for choosing..."

The announcement of the flight attendant was still echoing in the speakers even when we were near the exit. I was holding Sirene's hand while she jumped like a kid in excitement, looking around the airport.

"Love." Bigla siyang tumigil sa pagtalon at sumimangot.

I arched a brow in question. "Ano iyon?"

"Gutom." She tapped her belly with her right hand.

Natawa ako at hinila siya para magpatuloy sa paglalakad. We went straight to the first restaurant we saw inside the airport. The line wasn't long so Sirene didn't nag.

"Mahal," tawag niya.

Nag-aabang kami ng hotel van sa labas ng airport. They were going to pick us up. I booked it as private so we won't be mixed with different people, just us two. Panigurado kasing maingay if may halo, at ayaw noon ni Sirene.

"Yes, mahal?" Inakbayan ko siya at nagpabigat. I wanted to lean my cheek on her head but it wasn't possible. She was short without her heels.

"Lamig!" Niyakap niya ako sa baywang.

Pabulong akong nagmura noong bigla siyang lumambitin sa akin. I immediately held her to balance myself. She kept on laughing as if she did something that we should be proud of! She even bit the side of my chest before standing up properly.

"I love you." She giggled cutely and winked at me.

"Ewan ko sa 'yo. Tulog mo iyan kaagad," pang-aasar ko sa kaniya sabay hila pababa ng suot niyang beanie. Nagreklamo siya. Hinalikan ko ang tuktok ng ilong niya. "I love you."

The hotel room was clean and spacious. May magandang view kapag nasa balcony. I really chose this side of the hotel for her. I scrolled through multiple reviews just to be certain. Sirene was amazed by it so she didn't have any negative feedbacks like usual. She's judgmental with things like these.

After I took a bath, I went put. It already started snowing outside so Sirene was so happy. Due to her happiness, the cup of coffee she was holding spilled, making her scream but she laughed after.

"You're in such a good mood," I stated, laughing at her silliness.

"Heh! Kapag bad mood, may sermon. Kapag good mood, may reklamo. Sige. Saan mo 'ko gustong ilugar, Kylo? Hindi na yata tama-"

I quickly kissed her lips to shut her up. Ingay.

"Ah, basta!" pagbabaliwala na lang niya at napakurap-kurap, mukhang kinikilig.

I pinched her cheek and held her chin to give her one soft kiss before opening my luggage to get some clothes. She kept on pulling my arm to make me watch the falling of the snow with her, as if it was her first time.

"Ay! Kai, itinerary? Mayroon? Wala? Bakit wala, huh?! Ikaw talaga! Iyan kasi-"

"I have one!" I defended so fast to cut her off. What the hell! Of course I planned our stay in advance!

She kept on laughing even when nothing was funny! Hindi ko tuloy alam kung saan ako natatawa. Sa kadramahan niya o sa pagtawa niya. It was contagious.

Lumapit siya sa akin at kinagat-kagat ako sa braso. Napakamot ako sa ulo ko. Ano na namang trip nito? Pinabayaan ko siya dahil hindi naman masakit. Pero noong kinagat ko siya sa pabalik sa balikat ay agad nahulog ang ngiti niya.