24

"You're so so cute, baby!"

I repeatedly pinched Malia's cheeks while she was lying on the sofa. She giggled, her eyes closed as she stretched her little arms and legs. Sumaya naman ako dahil mukhang nagustuhan niya ang pagkurot ko sa pisngi niya.

"Iyan! I'm your favorite Tita, right? Right, baby?" I asked as if the two-month-old baby could reply. She's super cute! I really like her cheeks, pink and round. Mukha siyang mochi!

"You're her only aunt," paninira ni Ate Aya sa akin.

"Anton has a sibling," I reminded in a teasing tone. Umirap lang siya kasi hindi sila vibes ng sister-in-law niya, which made me laugh. "You want coffee, 'te?" I asked since I was starting to get thirsty.

"Sure!"

"Sige, gawa ka," natatawang sabi ko kaya nakatanggap ako ng batok galing sa kaniya.

"You dumbass." She rolled her eyes once more and walked to the kitchen to make our coffee.

I carried Malia when she cried so loud I thought my eardrums would break. "Hala! Don't cry!" I stood up from the couch, patting her sides to calm her down. "Shh... Sabing don't cry..." I panicked when she just cried louder, nowhere near stopping. "Ate, help me!" paghingi ko ng tulong. I'm not good with kids!

"Karma mo iyan.Mag-aaya kasi ng kape tapos ako ang papagawin. Kung hindi ka ba naman gaga." My sister laughed evily while filling up the heater with water. "Patulugin mo. It's already her nap time."

I tried to do what she said, but Malia wouldn't stop crying, so she had no choice but to help me, even though she was still happy to see me suffer.

Naupo lang ako sa couch at biglang bumalik sa isipan ko si Kai at ang pagkikita namin sa café kaninang umaga. It was what? Past six A.M pa lang no'n and he was already in this area? To what? Jog? Malapait ba rito ang bahay niya? Or... Dito rin ba siya nakatira?!

While catching up with my sister, I decided to check my e-mails and read about the new project in Antipolo since the meeting had been rescheduled to tomorrow. It's a large beach resort with a different design than our usual resort, so it would take a few years to finish.

The design was made by two architects, si Architect Herrera and Architect Castaño. Ang nagustuhan kong design noong nakaraan ay iyong kay Architect Herrera. It fitted the style I aim for our resort, even when it exceeded the alloted budget. I was really willing to add some finances because I know what people these days are looking for in a resort. Aesthetically pleasing. Kahit ako nga, kapag nagsta-staycation, gano'n ang hanap ko.

I was just hoping that Kylo and I would agree in tomorrow's meeting because I don't want to have the same discussion thrice. Ang dami ko pa kayang aattendan na meeting.

"Can you take care of Malia? I'll buy some things sa baba muna," paalam ni Ate sa akin habang hinahanap ang wallet niya sa loob ng bag niya.

I quickly rose from my chair, causing my eyesight to turn black a little. "Ako na," I said, blinking repeatedly to allow my eyes to adjust for a moment.

I was willing to go downstairs to buy things even when I'm busy because I don't want to guard my niece. Baka umiyak pa 'yon, eh! I don't really know how to take care of kids. I love kids and I could play with them but once they start crying, parang gusto ko na lang din umiyak sa kaba.

I was checking the list on my phone while pushing the convenience store's door handle. "Shit!" I hissed when the door hit my nose. Nahulog iyong phone ko sa sahig dahil nagmamadali kong hinawakan 'yong nose ko. Ang sakit!

"What the fuck?" The man sounded shock when he went out.

I took a step back, afraid that he'd hit me again. He raised his hands up. I glared at him before bending to pick my phone from the floor. "Hindi ka ba marunong magbasa? Sabing push, eh," naiinis na sabi ko.