29

"Let me go!"

My head snapped to my right side of the parking lot when I heard a scream. I was outside the club, taking a break from socializing on Lucas' birthday and getting some fresh air. Kasama ko si Quin kaso biglang nawala sa tabi ko.

"I said, let me go! Oh my gosh! Are you stupid? Hindi makaintindi, ha?!" The woman was obviously drunk.

There were two boys in front of her, who looked like they were still in high school, pulling her hand.

"Hey, let her go!" I quickly ran to the woman's direction, I was dizzy already but I endured it because I knew I needed to do something to save her!

I raised the empty beer bottle, ready to hit their heads with it. I wasn't even sure if I have enough strength to hit them!

"Shit! Huwag na nga! May hawak na bote!" They let go of the woman and ran off, terrified.

Natumba 'yong babae sa sahig dahil sa biglaang pagbitaw sa kaniya at dahil lasing na nga siya.

"Are you okay, Miss?" nag-aalalang tanong ko sa kaniya habang tinatayo siya. Nagpabigat siya kaya sabay kaming natumba ulit. Tumama 'yong tuhod ko.

"Oh my gosh! Sorry!" She looked at me with squinted eyes at siya pa ang tumulong sa akin patayo. Nagkatinginan kami. She was quite familiar.

"Oh, Sasy? Anong mayroon?" I heard Maki's voice behind me.

Mabilis ko siyang nilingon, iritado. "Nasaan ka ba, ha? Akala ko naman sumunod ka sa akin!" inis kong sabi.

"What? I told you I'm going to smoke, right?" He raised the pack of cigarette.

"Marco!" The woman beamed happily.

"Uy!" Nagulat si Maki at napatitig sa babae. "What happened to you? Why are you dirty?" He walked towards her, concerned. He held her arm and checked for some scratches.

Nagbulungan sila roon. I saw the woman secretly pointing at me. Pinanlakihan siya ng mata ni Maki.

Palipat-lipat lang ako ng tingin sa kanila, naguguluhan dahil magkakilala pala sila. Hindi naman ako nagtaka dahil ang daming kaibigan nito ni Marco sa kaka-club niya.

The woman laughed loudly and almost lost her balance, but Maki was quick to hold her arm.

"You know her?" Naninigurado lang ako.

Quin nodded at me. "Ba't may sugat tuhod mo? Nadapa ka ba? Oh, bakit kasi hindi ka nag-iingat, ha?" His eyes were laced with concerned. Mukhang bibitawan na niya ang babae para lumapit sa akin, but I stopped him.

"I'm good. It doesn't hurt," I assured, laughing. Hindi ko nga napansin 'yong sugat.

"Do you know-" The woman's words were drowned when Maki covered her mouth using his hand.

"Hep! Tama na. Baka kung ano pa ang lumabas diyan sa bibig mo. Dami mo pa namang dada," mabilis putol sabi ni Maki bago ako tiningnan. "Hatid muna kita sa loob tapos ihahatid ko rin 'to pauwi. Lasing, eh. Baka mapaano sa daan."

I waved my hand in front of me. "Don't worry about me! I can find my way back inside. Just drop her off. She seems very drunk."

"Sure?" paninigurado niya kaya hinampas ko siya. Ang kulit din! He nodded, knowing that I meant what I said. "I'll come back. I'll just drop this potato off."

"Hey, I'm not a potato!" She stomped her feet on the ground like a child.

I was amused at how pretty she still was with very messy hair and flushed face. Familiar talaga siya sa akin, like I saw her on commercials or something. Model kaya ito? Raya's friend, perhaps?