➤ ➤ ➤ WEREWOLF / VAMPIRE

Daffodil : A Silent Companionbored_mama

bored_mama

92 / 100

I really liked how the title suits the story, I've read Dandelion, I don't know if you remember me. But my old account used to be Slytherinchick25, and since I've read the first book, I really do feel the title is suitable for the story, even though it seems long along with the subtitle. Usually, Daffodils represent new beginnings and re-birth, along with joy, cheerfulness, and happiness. It was the first thought that occurred to me when I saw the book title. Also, edit : I am surprised I was so right. The reason for the title was in the 2nd chapter!

So, I liked how the book cover looked, but I saw a few issues as a graphic designer myself. I liked how the theme was incorporated in the cover, but I did feel its resolution could be a bit better. And the last issue would be the subtitle placement, "A Silent Companion" could be aligned to be in the center of the title "Daffodil" and be a bit smaller. It could definitely be perfect.

I really loved how you began the description with an intriguing question, it piques the reader's interest in the book, looking forward to what the story holds in its pages. "It is said that vampires are soulless creatures, they do not have a conscience, they are Monsters. But is that really true? Can there be an exception?" I loved this line because it really spurred an interest in me to open the book and read it as soon as possible. I felt the grammar was written with utmost perfection, I loved your impeccable style of writing. But I do feel there could have been an excerpt or line that expressed the whole theme of the story in one or two lines. Maybe something for people to catch their interest.

The opening chapter was exactly the chapter that hooked me into the story, the emotions it captured, the way a mother takes care of her daughters, a daughter's promise to her mother, the word given by the king to his queen. I loved it all. I felt every emotion displayed by all the characters, even the youngest daughters whose eyes "were now streaked with tears".

For me, in the first few chapters, these are the things I noted about the characters :

Rebecca : She is a compassionate, kind-hearted, beautiful, strong lady whose resistance is way beyond anything and anyone. The way she kept calm, and hurt herself for someone else, who she didn't even know is commendable and just shocking and for some reason, I feel proud of her. She would do anything and everything for her small family, consisting of her lovely sister and caring, understanding father.

Duke Zephyr : A caring, understanding father to his two daughters and the perfect husband to his wife, Duke Zephyr would do anything for the women in his life. Following the word given to his wife, he works hard to get his elder daughter a suitable consort that meets her expectations.