➤➤➤ RANDOM

Just Another Normal Day liyAwritesgold

liyAwritesgold

47 / 60

I found the title to be clever and unique – a direct Wattpad search showed only one other book with the same title.  The cover was visually interesting but didn't (for me) have a 'wow' factor – it is, however, better than having a stock photo as the cover by leaps and bounds. 

As for the story description/blurb, I did like that I got enough information from it to understand the context of a school shooting story.  I personally don't love lengthy blurbs, so having a short bit of text isn't a problem – but the way that the blurb flows doesn't really hook me into 'opening the book'.

From a grammar standpoint, I found several run-on sentences and misused commas throughout the writing.  It's not anything that can't be cleaned up with a solid edit, but it does interrupt the flow of the writing.  I also noticed an occasional inappropriate dialogue tag.

You chose a heavy topic, one that unfortunately is on the rise again.  I appreciated how you built backstories for the victims and characters who survived in such a short space.  My heart clenched at each moment where a new victim fell, and I know that this had to be a difficult concept to write.  I gave high marks in creativity and originality for the emotional execution of the writing.

Nice job, overall!

The Chronicles of Kora's Heirs Deiwrites

Deiwrites

39 / 60

Your title appears original – a Wattpad search didn't find others like it!  That's a feat these days, so congratulations on the originality of your title!  I don't get a real impression from the title itself of what I'm about to read.  The cover to me is not visually appealing (I will be the first to admit that art is subjective).  For me, it looks piecemeal and not like a cohesive visual to represent the story.