Chapter 3

You have always dreamed of being a doctor.

At first it was just a childhood dream, when people asked what you want when you grow up, you'd say you want to become a doctor. But then that childhood dream turned into a passion and a passion to fulfil such profession.

So you worked hard, studied hard, because you knew that such a dream will require not only effort and intelligence, but also money.

And a great deal of money at that.

"Yes mom, I'm doing fine," you said over the phone. Your mother would often call every week, that's what she does first thing in the morning. And she would always ask if you're alright.

"The money that I'll send for this month might get delayed for a week."

"Y/n, it's alright. I told you not to send more money. Your dad and I are fine with the money from our farm."

You smiled, though your smile didn't quite reach your eyes. But you had to smile, or else your mother will notice the sadness in your voice. She's always good at noticing that sort of thing.

"Mom, your daughter is a Pediatric Nutritionist, she's a Registered Dietician and she's working at a children's hospital in Tokyo. I earn more than enough to send you and dad money every month."

Although that may be true, it's not that you earn more than enough. But you do earn enough. Just enough to provide a comfortable life for your parents who are living in the province of Hyogo Prefecture.

But that 'just enough' turned into 'barely enough' since you knew your parents have debts to pay. The money that was used for your studies, there are still roughly three years until you get to pay most of the debt.

"But Y/n, make sure you're taking care of yourself. You should eat your meals properly and never skip breakfast, alright?"

You chuckled lightly. "Mom, are you really lecturing me about meals when your daughter is a Nutritionist."

That reminds you, Kuroo called yesterday saying that his friend's kid isn't eating her meal properly. You wonder who this friend is. When he sent the address with his friend's name however, you realized it was him.

Kenma.

"Mom, I need to go get ready. I have an appointment at eight."

"Ah sure!" she said. "Take care, Y/n. And don't worry about the money, your dad and I are doing fine. You should spend the spare on yourself for once."

"Nope," you said a little firmly. "Not gonna happen. You and dad come first."

But the debts, you thought.