13. Welcome to Cincinnati

Hey guys, so this is gonna be a filler chap, but I promise there's gonna be stuff happening, I swear. It might even start at the end of this chap not sure yet <3

*****

Skylar

So here we were. In Cincinnati, Ohio. It hadn't been a long trip, only like three hours by plane and I had been asleep most of it. I was glad that Wyatt was here to keep Alec company because if he wasn't, Alec and Ryan probably would've been glaring at each other the entire time, even with me sitting between them.

The airport was nice, and filled with tons of people. I couldn't help but stand at the gate for a moment and stare at everyone going back and forth, both arriving and departing. Ryan came up behind me and nudged my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

I blinked slowly, watching a woman tend to her baby. I ignored the small pang in my chest knowing I'd left Jake at home. But if this had something to do with the Moon Goddess, then it would probably be extremely dangerous, so I focused on that thought instead. "I have no idea what the hell I'm doing here, Ryan." I shook my head, still not looking at him. "We just flew out here because Sierra said we have a quest or whatever, but we have absolutely no idea what the hell the quest is supposed to be. Talk about poor planning."

Everything came rushing at me then. All the doubts and worries. I could vaguely hear Cana in my head saying something about being impulsive and rushing into things. And she was right I suppose. I had five people who followed me here, probably expecting some sort of game plan. Which I did not have.

"Hey." He said. I didn't look up. "Skylar." He tipped my chin upwards until I met his gaze. "We'll be fine. Okay? Let's just get to the hotel. It's almost 10:30. We can get some sleep and start tomorrow. Don't worry about it."

I sighed, nodding. "Alright." With that being said, the six of us walked down the terminal, our bags and suitcases in hands. We'd all packed not lightly but it wasn't enough for more than two weeks, which hopefully was the extent of our stay. But who knows? Whatever the Moon Goddess had planned might stretch our time limit.

It was a long walk through the airport, mainly because of the people around us but even then it was a big place. I wasn't sure how long it took us to get to the front of the airport until I looked at my phone and saw it was now almost 11.

Once we were outside, Cameron hailed a cab, well two since one couldn't fit us all. I rode with Ryan and Alec, which is always pleasant, and Maggie rode with Wyatt and Cameron.

I stared out the front window of the cab, ignoring the glares being thrown across me. I could feel Ryan's tense form sitting to my left and the annoyance from Alec on my right. It was ridiculous and already getting old and I'd only known Alec a day or two. But I did understand it.

"Can you guys not please." I said quietly, letting my head fall back against the leather. I was getting a headache from I don't even know what and I didn't feel like dealing with this. "You won't even be in the same room so can you just let this cab ride be peaceful please."

"Tell that to him." Ryan grumbled, crossing his arms.

"Tell that to me?" Alec recoiled, his eyebrows going up. "You're the one glaring at me even though I've done nothing wrong. Like at all."

"Nothing wrong?" Ryan snapped back and I sent a silent prayer to the Moon Goddess that this trip would be over with soon. "Need I remind you that-"

I pushed them back into their seats. "Shut up! Or I will send you home." I glared at them. "Both of you."

They stayed silent the rest of the ride which thankfully was only about ten minutes. I didn't know the name of the hotel but it was nice and very big, probably expensive too. Alec slipped out of the car and I followed after him. Ryan got out the other side and we all grabbed our bags from the trunk. The cab with Maggie, Wyatt and Cameron pulled up just as Ryan payed for our ride.