07. Sierra Doesn't Know But Ryan Does

Skylar

Wyatt turned and led us through the various tents and camping sights situated around the land Ryan had so kindly given to them. Alec walked behind me. I was surprised as to why I wasn't uncomfortable.

Especially considering I'm completely naked with only Alec's t-shirt covering me.

Thank god it stretched to my knees. Wyatt took a left turn by an oak tree and a nice fire place which was surrounded by five people, two girls and three guys all of whom were staring at me.

Pushing away the shyness that Ryan was right about, I waved at them while giving them a cheeky smile. The girls looked a little stunned while the guys, well one of them, stared at me with a smirk on his face.

"Steer your eyes, Liam." Alec called out, making me stop. He ran into me and fell. "Warn a guy, Skylar."

I turned and looked at him with my eyebrows raised. "What was that about?" I asked, a smile on my face.

So far, neither of us had shown any attraction to each other, despite having sparks. Just fear for Alec. But then why did he react that way to Liam?

"What?" He asked, confused. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh the Liam thing?"

I nodded slowly and he shrugged. "It was inappropriate the way he was staring at you. He doesn't even know who you are or if you have a mate, so he shouldn't have been doing it."

That didn't sound like the affection someone would have for their mate. That sounded more like the affection for a family member. My eyes narrowed slightly and I shrugged, holding out a hand for him.

He gripped my small hand in his large one and together we pulled him off the ground. The sparks were still there but I couldn't help but notice that they were weaker, almost as if there was no need for them anymore.

Once he was standing I turned back around and we continued following Wyatt towards a small purple tent in the corner of the clearing. He pushed aside the tent opening, holding it for me and Alec to go through.

"Do you want me to go inside with you?" I heard Wyatt ask Alec.

"I'm 20, Wyatt. I can handle myself." He replied in a icy voice.

"Whatever, just don't get your self killed by Lancaster." Wyatt snickered slightly.

Alec shook his head. "He doesn't even know."

"I was talking about Skylar." And with that, Wyatt left. The tent opening dropped, engulfing us in darkness.

I looked forward as Alec joined me. There was a small hallway type thing, leading to a door. Soft glowing lanterns littered the wall in odd places, not giving off any actual light.

"Is this tent magic?" I asked as we walked down the hall.

"Well it is the witch's tent." Alec answered. I rolled my eyes and picked up the speed until I reached for the handle of the door.

A little shock went through me, sending images of Alec throughout his childhood. What? I opened the door and walked into a small room, Alec behind me.

Inside, a woman with short, red hair sat crisscrossed on a purple pillow in the middle of a candle lit room. There were books, potions, herbs and strange objects I hadn't seen before scattered about the room.

She looked up. "Ah yes, Skylar Lancaster."

I raised an eyebrow. "Ah yes, witch lady on a pillow."

Alec laughed and the witch smiled. "I'm Sierra, the pack witch."

"I know. I just didn't know your last name." I said, smiling slightly.

She took in my appearance and raised her hand. "Let me help you with that."

A soft light surrounded me and lifted me off the ground for a few seconds. The light blinded me. When the light disappeared I was no longer in Alec's t-shirt, but in cream colored sandals, dark jeans, and a soft pink shirt with a gray cardigan.

"Oh this is so cute!" I said, smiling. "Thank you!"

She smiled in response. Before she could say anything I spoke up. "Oh I'm sorry, but could you do that spell thing that keeps our clothes on when we shift?"

She nodded. "When did you first shift?"

"Just like an hour ago." I answered and she raised her eyebrows. "Yeah I know. Late bloomer, really."

She nodded her head and held out her hand. This time I felt a warm fuzzy feeling throughout my body but I didn't see anything new. "Your clothes will still be there when you shift the next time."

I nodded. "Thank you."

She nodded and turned to Alec. "So, I hear you have something to ask me?"

"Well." Alec glanced over at me. "She has a mate, as you already know, but we felt sparks."

"That's not unusual." Sierra replied. "So what's your concern?"

"Why does everybody keep saying that's normal?" Alec asked the question that had been forming in my mind. "I've never heard of it."

I reached out and touched his bare arm. Confirming my suspicion, there were no sparks.

"That's why we're here." I said, looking at her. "We had sparks a while ago and now they're gone."

"Hmm." Sierra stood from her pillow and advanced toward us. She grabbed both of our hands in her own and closed her eyes, chanting an unknown language. My hand grew warm as the minutes ticked by.

After maybe 5 or 6 minutes of that, she let go and looked at us, her eyebrows furrowed. "Praise the Moon Goddess, help these children."

"What?" We blurted at the same time.

She shook her head, blinking a few times. "I see dark times in your future. I don't know about the spark thing, but I know that your destinies are intertwined."

I sighed, nodding, feeling just as confused as before. If anything, I was more confused than ever. "Thank you, Sierra." Alec said as we turned and left the tent through the dimly lit hallway.

Alec pushed back the tent opening, letting me through. I walked out into the sunlight, surprised and a little fearful, as I took in Ryan standing across the clearing speaking with an older man and Wyatt.

"Ooh, shit." I muttered. "Alec, you might want to run."

"Why?" He asked, confused, stepping out of the tent.

I pointed at Ryan. He turned, looked where I was pointing and sucked in a breath. "Good lord, are you still cut off?" He muttered to me.

Suddenly Ryan turned towards me with a soft smile. But I knew him better than that. He wasn't happy. Hello Skylar.

"Not anymore." I said and we both gulped, preparing for his wrath.

*****

Here you go guys! I literally finished this in my first period. My teacher yelled at me xD she doesn't understand your need for a new chapter and my need to write.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :) it feels like it's been forever but looking back at my old chapter it's only been a week ;)

I don't have much else to say other than tune in for the next chapter which, based on my current record, will be up in a week or so :)

~I'm all about that bass, bout that bass no treble~

P.S. Love you guys [your comments are my fav tbh] <3

~dropsofargent