05. Goodbye Skylar. Hello Cana

Skylar

What. The. Ever living. Hell.

I was a wolf. I. Was. A. Wolf. A WOLF. I SHIFTED. HOLY SHIT. I glanced down at myself. Just like the wolf in my dream, I was pure white. When I glanced up, I saw that the leaves were literally not even five feet above my ginormous head.

I opened my mouth and once again it hit me. I was a wolf. I couldn't talk. Duh. I took a deep breath and realized I could smell everything around me. The leaves, animals, the stream in the distance. I could even smell the house and the wood it was made of and the cookies someone was making. Huh.

Suddenly a branch cracked above my head and my head swung up so fast it surprised even me. There was a bird nesting above me. My furry ears pricked as I noticed the sounds around me as well. I now could hear the stream and the leaves swaying in the wind and the timer on the oven beeping.

"Anna! Your cookies are done!" I heard what sounded like Renee yell. Woah.

This is so cool!!!!! I felt that if I were human, I'd be smiling. Hmm. What else can I do? I glanced down at my paws and realized I could now run as fast as Ryan. Yes!

I took a few steps forward, stumbling over myself as I got used to being on all fours. After a few tries I was able to take off at a jog that was faster than any human could possibly run. I kept going, weaving through the trees, picking up speed until everything blurred past me as I ran and ran and ran.

I stuck my tongue out and instantly realized why dogs liked this feeling. It made me feel so free. I couldn't believe how amazing this felt! Why didn't they do this more often? I'll probably be doing this for like ever now! Holy crap!

I heard the stream way before I saw it and slowed my pace. I slowed to a jog and came to a stop at the stream. I probably could've jumped over but running makes you thirsty, even as a giant wolf. I dipped my head down and lapped up some water.

Wow this is weird, I thought to myself. But also very cool!!!

But wait, a sudden panicked thought came to me, how do I shift back??

Skylar? Ryan's voice entered my mind. He probably caught that panic. Skylar, what's wrong?

Nothing! I replied quickly, probably too quickly. Nothing, I promise. Everything is good and everything is great!

After that thought I cut him off, but could still feel his worry and panic. I know what you're thinking, I should've told him. But I didn't want to disturb his meeting with the Silverton pack. And god knows if I told him I had shifted, he'd leave that place before I could even finish the sentence.

Well, that is reasonable. A female voice sounded in mind.

I stopped in my tracks, my heart coming to a halt. My eyes widened. Who was that? Who are you?

I'm from your dream, Skylar. Remember? She responded. I'm your wolf.

My wolf. I said slowly. Like Ayden?

Exactly. Ayden is Ryan's wolf. And I am yours.

Okay. Well um.....that's new. Um okay, so, you didn't get to finish in my dream. What's your name?

Cana. My name's Cana.

Well Cana I'm Skylar. But you already knew that. I said. Nice to meet you. I'm guessing you'll be around ?

For the rest of your supernatural life, yes. Cana answered.

Oh well. Okay gotcha. Gotcha.