01. Dull Pains and Aches

Skylar

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. The sound repeated over and over about 146 a minute. It sounded suspiciously like a heartbeat. All I could see was darkness.

Then a splash of color exploded in front of me and I saw...a teddy bear? No. It was a stuffed dog. It was blue and had colorful spots all over. Its paws were orange.

"Mommy!" A little girl's voice echoed and I felt tiny arms circle my waist. Looking down, past the stuffed dog, I saw a small girl smiling up at me with a toothless smile. Her two front teeth were missing. She had long brown hair that fell in curls past her waist and beautiful blue eyes. Much like Ryan's.

Then I remembered what she had called me. Mommy? Fear and shock settled over me. I had a daughter? What the heck? Last I checked, I just had a son! Not a daughter. "Mommy!"

"Yes?" I responded. I wonder where this is gonna go.

"Daddy wants you. He said we're gonna play a game! So hurry!" The little girl let me go and ran out of the living room I was in.

I shook my head and followed her. She ran into a small blue room that had a white wolf and a black wolf painted on the side wall. It must have been her room.

"There she is!" I heard a husky masculine voice and a squeal. Looking up I saw Ryan, looking much older than the last time I saw him, holding the little girl up high in the air.

While they were occupied I glanced around the room. Right above the wolves, in fancy cursive letters was Riley. The little girl's name. What a pretty name.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when an arm snaked around my waist and I was pulled against Ryan's chest. "Hey there sexy." He whispered in my ear.

I laughed. "You're not too bad yourself." He pulled back with a pout and I gave him a peck on the lips.

He smiled and pulled me in for a deeper kiss. Oh kissing Ryan had always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It just felt so good. His lips were warm and they moved in sync with mine.

"Eww!" Riley exclaimed and we pulled apart, laughing and slightly breathless.

"So what game are we playing?" I asked, picking up Riley and positioning her on my hip.

Ryan smiled. "It's a surprise." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of Riley's room.

"Why do I have a feeling this isn't going to be as fun as you think?" I wondered aloud.

"Ha ha." He replied sarcastically while Riley giggled. I pinched her cheeks and everything went black.

I heard screams of pain mixed with shrieks of laughter.

"You're my mate." A young masculine voice said.

"That's impossible you're....." I recognized Riley's voice but she sounded older.

"A rouge? Horrible, nasty, and untrustworthy? You wouldn't know that would you? Come on. I know you're attracted to me, whether you like it or not."

"Yeah." She said softly.

"It's alright. No one has to know. I'll take care of you."

"Okay. But you have to help me get out of here."

My dream ended abruptly and my eyes opened slowly. I sat up rather fast and looked around. Jake's crib was against the far wall but I didn't see a daughter any where. Phew! I sighed in relief. I wasn't sure I was ready for another child.