16. Sairah

Sairah

A boy just walked into my convenience store. Wait. Let me backtrack. It's not my convenience store, I was just a cashier, and plenty of boys had walked in before. This was just the first one I had noticed.

Maybe because right off the bat I could smell that he was like me. He was a werewolf. You'd be surprised at how little I actually meet werewolves. There didn't tend to be packs in large cities like Cincinnati, mostly on the outskirts or in the country.

Anyway, he walked in and already I was grinning like an idiot. Any boys that had caught my attention before had always been human. It was hard to connect with someone who wasn't like you. And I know that some people say opposites attract but a werewolf and a human? Unlikely.

He was attractive too. The kind of attractive that made you go damn son, tell your parents I said thanks for creating you. I didn't see his face completely because he immediately walked toward the snack isle when he entered the store, but I did see his profile and his hair. And he was beautiful. His hair was a light brown color, and curled messily over his forehead and at the back of his neck. I could even see a splash of freckles on his cheeks that made both me and my wolf sigh in content.

I leaned my elbow on the counter, smiling wistfully as I watched him search for a snack. Not even a second later, a hand appeared in my line of vision and snapped three times to get my attention.

"Hey lady," the guy said gruffly. "I'd like to buy this and leave."

Rude, my wolf Laila muttered. I smiled apologetically. "I apologize, sir." I said, ringing up his items which consisted of a pack of smokes, blue Gatorade, and a six-pack of bud light. "Your total is $8.84."

He handed me $10.00 in cash and I returned the change along with the receipt. "Have a nice day, sir."

He didn't respond and left. I sighed and shut the cash drawer. When I looked up, the beautiful boy that had come in was staring at me, a pack of peanuts and a water bottle in his hands. Up close he was even better looking than before. He had green eyes that reflected even the dull fluorescent bulbs above me, an aquiline nose, and full pink lips that made me swoon.

Laila seemed excited too but I was too distracted to understand why. With a dazed smile on my face, I reached out to take the items from his hands. As soon as my fingers brushed his, sparks ignited under my skin, Laila howled in delight and everything made sense. He was my mate.

Before I could even react, he dropped his items and grabbed my face, pulling me close and kissing me.

Everything stopped. My heartbeat, my breathing, my thoughts. All I could focus on was him; his lips pressed against mine, the fire he had started within me. I didn't even notice the sharp pain in my hips when I tried to lean over the countertop. His fingertips were in my hair and his tongue brushed my bottom lip. I was in my own personal heaven, on cloud nine.

I opened my mouth ever so slightly and felt like I was about to explode. A tension sparked where our tongues touched and I swear I heard angels singing. I didn't want it to end. Neither did Laila. She was calling to his wolf and I could feel his calling to her.

But it did end.

"Alec!" A voice exclaimed and he pulled away from me, startled. So that's his name, I smiled to myself. But it faded when I looked over to see that it had been a girl who had said his name.

She was beautiful too, with long blonde hair and green eyes that matched Alec's in shade and intensity. Was this his girlfriend? But why would he have a girlfriend if he was a werewolf?