11. A Quest For The Moon Goddess? Or A Quest For Me?

Skylar

"What do you mean you know?" I spluttered in shock, my eyes going wide. She hadn't a clue about anything when we were there earlier and suddenly she comes here at 3 in the freaking morning saying she had a dream that told her everything.

Sierra gestured with her hands wildly. "I told you, the Moon Goddess sent me a dream and-"

I held up a hand. "And you know everything now. I got that." I interrupted, making an impatient gesture. "I mean what do you know? What am I supposed to do? Why are these things happening?"

"It has to do with your bloodline." She answered. I shot Ryan a confused look. He just shrugged. "But that's all the Moon Goddess permitted me to say about it. What I can tell you, is that the only way for you to find out what you want to know is to go to Ohio."

I stared at her blankly. "Ohio?" I deadpanned, blinking. "You want me to go to the place I was born-I mean the place I thought I was born? What could possibly be there that could help me?"

Sierra grimaced apologetically. "I can't tell you that. You're supposed to go there and find out on your own." I opened my mouth to protest, but she held up a hand. "The Moon Goddess also said that you can take five other people with you-Ryan, Alec, Cameron, Maggie, and Wyatt-Alec's brother."

"I'm sorry, what?" Ryan finally butted in. "Why exactly would he be going?" He pointed at Alec, his dislike obvious even though he sounded confused.

"Because he's as equally important as you are, and you can't do much about it, so get over it." Sierra waved dismissively. Ryan opened his mouth to say something, but she retorted before he could. "And no, there is nothing that you can do about it."

Ryan crossed his arms, glowering at Alec like a toddler who'd just gotten his favorite toy taken away. Sierra then turned to Alec. "You don't necessarily have to go you know," she said, her eyes taking on a motherly concern. "The list of people that the Moon Goddess gave me was just something to go off of."

Alec waved a hand in front of her face and laughed. "I think you didn't get enough sleep, Sierra. In case you haven't noticed, I do have to go, I'm part of the problem and I need to figure it out as much as Skylar does." He shot me an amused look. "And you literally just told Ryan that he couldn't stop me from coming."

She blinked and I couldn't help but laugh at her obvious delirious state. "Right, yeah of course. You're correct, I didn't get enough sleep tonight. Maybe I should just...." She yawned and left the room without so much as a glance back at us or a goodbye.

Turning back to the two boys standing in the kitchen, in their pajamas I just noticed. The light of the situation faded slightly as we realized what this meant. We'd have to go across the country to figure this whole thing out. And we had no idea what we were looking for, but hey that only made things easier right?

I grimaced then at the thought of having to ask Cameron to come along. I loved Cameron, don't get me wrong, it's just I know I wouldn't want Ryan to leave me on some journey we knew nothing about. I couldn't ask him to leave Lish. I couldn't ask her to just let him go.

Ryan would be with me, Alec didn't have a mate, and Maggie was a witch. Besides Wyatt, who I had no idea whether he had a mate or not, Cameron would be the only one leaving someone that important behind.

And then there were the kids. I blanched at the thought. Not only would Cameron be leaving Lish, but she'd have to take care of Catcher on her own and would probably be the one to watch over Jake too. And only the Moon Goddess knew how long we'd be gone. Sure I wanted to find out what the hell was going on, but I wasn't sure I was willing to go on this long trip to do it.