12. Let's Get The Show On The Road

Skylar

We just had to ask Wyatt. Correction. I had to ask Wyatt. Of course Ryan had offered to do it for me but that wasn't fair. It was a quest-trip, it still felt extremely weird to say quest, like how old fashioned is that?-revolving around me. So I had to ask him.

Ryan, Alec, Cameron and I were currently walking through the woods, having just passed over their pack's temporary border. I had asked why we didn't just drive over here and Alec had replied with, "I just mind linked them. My dad doesn't want to alarm the pack with you coming in saying stuff about the Moon Goddess. Since it's just Wyatt and me, he can make something up for the rest of them."

I had nodded and nobody had said anything since. My arms kept brushing against the bristles along the undergrowth but my mind was not even there. It was far enough that I couldn't even make out the mind link Ryan and Cameron had going. I'd only caught a word-Skylar-and I didn't need to know much more.

This was insane. I was going to Ohio, the birth place of my problems, with four werewolves and a witch to find out what the Moon Goddess had planned for me. And possibly Alec. I didn't even know what was going to go down. I assumed we'd take a plane-it'd be unreasonable if we didn't-but I had no idea what to do after we got there.

Would there be a sign? Would I have a weird prophetic dream like Sierra did? Would the sparks between me and Alec come back? I honestly had no idea what I was doing, which only made the intense bundle of coiled nerves anxiously bubbling in my stomach grow.

I gnawed on my lip, playing with a simple bracelet on my right wrist. What the hell was I doing? Honestly (and I of course meant this with no offense towards Sierra), I had no idea why I was even listening to her. I'd know her for not even a day and suddenly we were going to Ohio. But I guess this was a sort of normality for werewolves. And by that I meant listening to witches, not going to Ohio.

It was funny really how even after I shifted into an actual wolf I still found things regarding werewolves strange.

Well you were raised human. Cana echoed. By this point, surprisingly, I had gotten used to a sort of extra presence besides Ryan in my head and she didn't even scare me anymore.

True that. I thought, pushing past a branch to reveal the camping grounds on which Alec's pack was stationed. I blinked a few times to completely pull myself from my inner monologue and focused on what was going on in front of me.

It was mid-morning, so the sun was shining and pack members were milling about the grounds. A few glanced our way, some even prepared to run over here as if we were a threat. But they must've seen Ryan, for they all just stopped, bowed their heads slightly and went about their business.

I felt Ryan's presence behind me as my eyes trailed Wyatt and his father approaching us. "It was you they saw, not me." His breath brushed against my ear, sending a slight shiver down my back.

"What do you mean?" I whispered back, turning my head slightly. Cameron and Alec stood on either side of us, not looking at us, but most likely listening.

And Ryan noticed that too. Alec's mother, their Luna, died a while back so they've been without a pack mother for years. And while they've all heard of us, seeing you in person is a bit more shocking than seeing me in person. He spoke softly in my mind. Luna's also have an extremely powerful influence over their pack. Even though he had to leave Lish behind, why do you think Cameron agreed to come?

I stayed silent, my eyebrows furrowed. It was all new and surprising to me despite the fact I've officially been the Luna for a little over a year now. I would probably never understand how Cameron would just-could just leave behind Lish who was his heart and his soul, for me, for his Luna. It blew my mind really.