Chapter 17: First Revelation

Trigger Warning: mentions of bullying, suicide, drug & alcohol abuse, and rape.

Stefan: what "truth" are they talking about

Matei: "What are they keeping from us"

After some discussion they decided to wait until the girls returned to find out more

.......

Meanwhile a few blocks the house

Bella: "What the hell is going on?"

Lexi: "I need to tell you something"

Bella: "Okay what is it?"

Lexi: "The triplets are back, I followed Emilia today she met up with Asher and I saw them kiss, they're going to start at our school on Monday"

Bella replies "what" full of shock and disbelief

Emilia caught up to them at that moment, Bella turned around and saw Emilia with tears starting to fill her eyes as horrible memories return

Bella: "Is that true?"

Emilia: "I'm so sorry, I wanted to tell you but I didn't think you could handle, I don't know what Lexi told you exactly but it's not the full story. Listen what happened the other day was I got some weird texts then when I went for a walk the other night Asher grabbed me and told me that whey were starting at our school on Monday and his dad was relocated here, He thinks we were all adopted by the Covaci's. He found us through his dad's laptop. I went to meet him today cause I wanted to know whether or not he was just messing with me but it's true, And the kiss, Bella he kissed me and as soon as I felt his touch I swear I pushed him away and slapped him"

After a short pause Bella says "I believe you Emilia, I just need a moment. Which caused Lexi to scoff "seriously" quietly but Emilia heard her. Emilia hugged Bella tightly as she thought they both needed it Bella more as tears were rolling down her face.

They slowly start making their back to the house when Lexi says "wait" and they stop and look back "I'm sorry".

Emilia acknowledges her with a nod then continues walking

Lexi: "Everyone back at the house saw our fight what are we gonna tell them"

Emilia: "it's Bella's choice"

Bella: "the truth I wanna tell the truth, I don't think we've told them anything about the real us and well they are our family now. We don't have to tell them everything, but I want to at least tell them this"

Lexi and Emilia: "Okay"

They continue making their way back. Bella takes a deep breath as they are about to enter and once they do all eyes are on them.

Once they enter they see everyone gathered around in the living room. The girls slowly make their way to the empty couch.

Lexi: "So umm I guess we have something to tell you"

Marco: "Were listening"

Bella: "Where should I begin"

Emilia signs to Bella "Probably with Will since that was the beginning, I can tell them that part if it's too hard"

Bella: "Okay"

Emilia: "A few years ago we lived in California. It was our sophomore year of high school. Bella met a boy named Will and they both liked each they both knew but neither of them wanted to admit it. Since they were also best friends. Will was a great guy he was super smart and handsome"

Lucian: "Emilia why do you keep using was"

Lexi said "Just let her finish" and tilted her head to point towards Bella and you could see the pain filled look on her face