TWO

I must have passed out when a hand on my body jolted me to reality.

        "Get up, its time!" The owner of the hand said and vanished.

Clutching my sides, my face a mask of frustration,  I scanned the room blindly with my palms again, the darkness was still thick in the room.

        Suddenly, a hand rested on my head, praying desperately. I didn't bother to look at his face for I recognized his voice as that of a Pastor I have known most of my adult life... well, on TV actually.

The voice of someone I knew calmed my nerves, I felt a little safe.

        "Pray for this is your secret place." He whispered to my ears. I broke off from the prayer and stared into his face.

       "How could this dark place be my secret place?" I asked, looking at him astonished, wondering what in the world was a secret place.

As if reading my mind, he began to speak, "Your secret place is what you make it to be,  It is a place of  extraordinary experience with the almighty. It could be full of light when you dwell and pump it up with light. It could also be dark when you abandon it. From the look of things, It seems  you never even visited." 

The mask of confusion that invaded my face signaled that I had more questions. With his hand still on my head, he whispered,

           "PRAY." His voice vibrated sharply.
As the word left his mouth, it hit me like a ball of fire and caused my lips to tremble and move yet I knew not what I said.     

          I had prayed for a while, didn't know for how long but weakness started to filter into my thoughts.

     "You can't stop now. Not now!, not at this very moment!" He urged, still praying.

The force of his voice motivated me to pray loudly, my body in a fight for my life. Almost passing out  again, and still aware of his hands on my head, he screamed more like a command.

          "Demand that light!"

My mouth jolted as one with a high voltage shock and I became more vocal. Prayer gushed out my mouth like a river and the darkness in the room began to disperse.
Seeing and feeling the effect of the prayer,  I prayed some more. I was at my wits end, when light flooded the room.

     The room all of a sudden began to take form in my own very eyes. Creating windows, opening up every part of itself, allowing a massive in-pouring of light.

Above me stood a higher voltage of light, beaming right at the center. The murkiness of the room dispersed and a cool wind filled the room.

          "Light!" I screamed.

My excitement making my feet to bounce up and down the floor. I'd never been so happy to see light. I regretted for ever taking it for granted.

         "More work needs to be done, lets go." The pastor reminded me, as we headed for the door marked 'CAGED'. I glanced at the pastor, his eyes glistened with excitement. "

           As we approached the door, we halted a few feet away from it, stilling ourselves from any form of movement. I glanced back at the priest, his face was bland, hiding any sense of what he was feeling.

His eyes was focused on the door, his sense of boldness washed over me.
I stepped closer to the door, still afraid to open it. But the Pastor give me a nod. I proceeded courageously. 

As soon as my body came in contact with the door, it opened on its own accord. A hall way appeared, leading us to a door at the end of it.