EIGHT

ADRIAN

My foot wobbled to my office, taking few heavy breaths as I made it to the lobby that led to my office. The well arranged chairs lined the other section of my counselling prayer line. I slumped into one, breathing heavily.

I would have loved to tell you more about myself but as you can see, the work of God is on emergency timeline.

"She was here." I mumbled to myself. "She was here," I breathed again, realizing the significance of her appearance.

"This can't be happening." I wailed silently. "Just can't!"
Running my fingers across my eyes repeatedly, I said a very simple prayer.

"Lord help me!"

Squeaking sound from one of the office doors pushed me off the chair, I raced to my office before the occupant showed up. Few minutes later, I heard footsteps pass by my office.
Form my mental counts, it was just one person. I dove back into my chair.

A wave of dark red glow flashed through my left wrist and I shuddered. I'd never get used to this occurrence even though I'd been experiencing it for over two years.
A tingling feeling became present on my hand.

I watched mouth agape as the red glow vanished as quickly as it came. Cold sweat washed across my head leaving streaming clusters to run down my face.

I wiped them off, turning up the air conditioner. Anxiously I zapped my eyes across my very beautiful office.

I had everything here, everything that could make a man comfortable, I had them all here. I smiled inwardly as I lifted myself off the couch where I'd been sitting.

A self made library stood at the other section of my office. Awards and medals hung across a tiny portion by the side of the huge shelves that housed my many read and unread books. I ran my fingers through them and smiled proudly.

A sense of calm was gradually washing over me and my foot found its way to my desk. I lowered my body unto the rich office chair that swerved 360° at my command.

Feeling grave again, I sat there trying to understand what was coming.
Through the years, I'd been able to discern 'the coming' and not once had my gut feeling ever failed.
But things had turned differently now, the coming was now here and I just didn't know what to do about it.

I had come to terms with the things that haunted me, but I would never come to terms to how or when they would use me. A deeper grave feeling settled in the pit of my stomach, A brewing storm was coming. This I was sure.

"You wanted to see me?" A feminine voice spoke into the air.

Startled, I glanced around. Yet nothing. I sat plastered on my chair, unable to even breathe. When I swirled around to look towards the door, there she stood, glowing the same way as I saw her few minutes ago.

I let out a scream, covering my mouth when I realized no sound came out of it.

"Adrian...... Adrian!" She kissed her teeth as she approached.

Her right hand rested on my head sending a massive red Crimson glow all through my body. I shivered dangerously, falling off the chair.

"Did you ever think that you are off the hook? That you can hide?"

Feeling the taste of blood in my mouth, I forced my jerking finger on my lips. A deep cut had surfaced there, bleeding profusely. I applied pressure and kept my fingers there.
A dizzying glow followed her footsteps as she picked me up with one hand, tossing me into my rich cushioned chair. I silently thanked God that she didn't leave me flying across the room.