TWELVE

"Bro Jacob?"

I looked up from my writing pad, the sight of Pastor Kevin's face hit me like a ton of bricks. My fingers shook at the effect his sudden presence had on me.

          "Are you okay?" He asked, making his way towards my desk with a smirk. I flinched, moving slightly away from him.

          "Did something happen? How did the counselling with that sister Erm......" I twirled my fingers, trying to remember her name.

          "You mean Unique?"
          "Yes, Unique."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Well, I will say it went well..... Or are you suspecting something?"

           "No, not at all."   He nodded and went silent. His lopsided gaze went to my desk.
I followed his eyes as it descended on my note pad. I grabbed it off the table.
A cunning smile flashed across his face. "Oh, you must have had those your unending visions?"

I didn't speak but gazed at him. "Well, I wanted to speak to you about the deliverance session of your ministrations."

         "What about it?" I found my voice asking.

He wrapped his hands across his chest. "We just thought that with too many people in attendance for these meetings, it maybe too much for you to handle. And with more prayer team members on ground, we may also be able to save time."

           "I am not complaining."

He smirked again. "We know. Its just that attending to over ten thousand people in one night is just too much, plus we need time to do other things."

My mouth couldn't keep silent, so I involuntarily busted out laughing. He glared at me in repulsion.

          "What's funny?"

My laughter subsided a bit as I studied his face. "Ever heard of the Holy spirit?"
He frowned at my question. "What kind of degrading question is that? Of course, I have the Holy ghost."

I moaned a stiff disagreement.  "So you don't know that I can't do any of this without the spirit of God? How could you even think that I could manage over ten thousand people alone."

He shuffled uncomfortably avoiding my gaze.... "I didn't mean it that way."

I studied his face some more. He was one with many characters hidden under his skin. Even though my father hired him off bible school, I doubted anyone ran a full background check on him.

I watched him stubbornly stump his foot listlessly. "Holy spirit or not, you need human power! You need us!"

My spirit had calmed and I regarded him for a minute before I found my voice. "Pastor Kevin, you know I have my own team right?"

       "The prayer missiles?" He questioned, sticking his chin up.

       "Yes, we prepare tirelessly for these meetings and we have a code of conduct on how we operate." My eyes caught the disgust on his face, but I continued. "We don't just go out there to pray unprepared. And I am not saying your people don't pray, but these are the people I trust. So I prefer to continue to work with them."

         His face fell, his hands clutched to his sides tightly. I knew he was raging silently. I closed my eyes briefly, thanking the Holy spirit for a timely intervention.

I wasn't sure I would have still have resisted Pastor Kevin's incursion into my meetings if I hadn't just had that vision. I knew who he was now and I'd be foolish to walk into his trap.