ELEVEN

After discovering a dead body in the church campus. A team of medics came to move her out of the church counseling department. A call was put across to the law enforcement to come check it out.

Statements were taken by the police department and the body released to them for investigation.

           I glanced over at Miss Joy who hadn't been herself since the discovery. She'd cried her eyes out, swearing she was the real Miss joy. I walked away from there confused.
My father conversed with the police before permitting them to run forensics on the assumed body.

I returned to my office to grab a much needed nap. Dropping my weight on my leather chair, I dozed off.

                                                                        ***

           "Damn right, I wont!" She shouted defiantly, starring at the huge wooden handle of a massive spoon in the mans hands.

           "You must! Everyone stirs the pot!" He bellowed.

His loud voice vibrated through the open room where they sat with their backs hunched. I tensed. The palpable fear in the room tensed the atmosphere.

There were twenty others in the room with massive wooden spoons in their hands, stirring away into the huge pot, not minding the massive fire beneath the pot. Green wild fumes filled the atmosphere accompanied by a breath choking odor.

          I glanced suspiciously at their activities as the fumes traveled through the open roof above us.
The lady who had her back turned to me began to stir the pot grudgingly. The man who seemed to be the pioneer of this group towered over them. His eyes fierce as a tiger.

When they had gotten the consistency they wanted from that pot, together they poured the content into a huge pit.
The pit spit out some of it violently. The group stepped back waiting. 

Through the eyes of my dream realm, I heard a roaring from the pit.  A blister of fluids rose to the surface forming an impermeable layer.

          "Walk over it!" The man whose face was hidden in darkness commanded. The group hesitated. Taking more steps backwards.

He turned on his hills and stepped unto the blistered pit. I shuddered from where I hid. Surprisingly, the layer was able to carry his weight. He turned to his followers,

          "Get in here!"

Only Two of them made any attempt to take few steps.

A wave of anger coursed though his veins like tiny snakes of red flare.
He stepped unto the ground again and yelled loudly at the group. His words faded out as another activity drew my attention.

        Another gulf rose from the ground, tearing the earth surface. Once it was as wide as it had been programmed, it formed a blue layered shield on the right and another of red layer on the left.

I blinked away the confusion that rose in my brain and placed my both palms over my mouth. My eyes darted around the group as they scattered in different directions. Their loud screams filled the room with chaos.

A lone girl stood strapped to the ground, unperturbed. It was the same girl who had refused to stir the pot.

             "Get in here. Right. Now!" The leader screamed from his hiding place, yet the girl seemed to have tuned him.....well.... them out.

Her eyes stayed glued to the formation happening in the now open space. I could hardly see her blink as if she'd turned her senses off to the chaos around her.